robbie1's 50 Cent thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie1

HSC
http://www.hhboard.com/index.php?showtopic=288863

some very intelligent comments by 50 near the end of the article...

NEW YORK - He usually saves his beefs for other rappers; this time, 50 Cent is going after Oprah Winfrey.

In an interview with The Associated Press, 50 complained that Winfrey rarely invites rappers on her talk show: "I think she caters to older white women."

"Oprah's audience is my audience's parents," the 29-year-old rapper said. "So, I could care less about Oprah or her show."

He's not alone in his resentment toward the talk show host cum media mogul.

Rapper-actor Ludacris, aka Chris Bridges, said in the May issue of GQ magazine that Winfrey was "unfair" during a show he appeared on last October with co-stars from best-picture Oscar winner "Crash."

"She edited out a lot of my comments while keeping her own in," he said. "Of course, it's her show, but we were doing a show on racial discrimination, and she gave me a hard time as a rapper, when I came on there as an actor."

Winfrey's representative at her production company, Harpo, told the AP that Winfrey was unavailable for comment.

But, as 50 Cent said, Winfrey's purported disapproval might enhance a rap star's street cred.

"I'm actually better off having friction with her," he said.

The crack-dealer-turned-rapper has sold millions of records gleefully flaunting his gangsta image, explicit lyrics and bulletproof vest (he was famously shot nine times). He has his own record label, G-Unit, the G-Unit clothing line, his own sneaker line with Reebok and a videogame, "Bulletproof."

And he wears his rough-and-tumble reputation proudly: "I don't mind it. I've actually accepted it."

The rapper, who's signed to close pal Eminem's Shady/Aftermath label under Interscope Records, said he recently attended Proof's wake with Eminem. Proof, a friend of Eminem's, was shot and killed earlier this month during a dispute in a Detroit nightclub.

"He's coming along," he said of Eminem. "He's gonna be all right. I mean, it was definitely a big loss for him. Proof was actually his best friend in the world from forever."

On the heels of Proof's death, a study released last week by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation - a nonprofit public health research group - suggested that young people who listen to rap music are more prone to alcohol and drug use and aggressive behavior.

But 50's not buying it.

He points a finger at parents, who he thinks should explain to their children that his music is a form of entertainment, not a license to break the law.

"I think that the violence that happened to Proof and the violence that's happening across America right now has nothing to do with hip-hop," he said. "It has something to do with the people - the state of them - and the music doesn't alter that."

robbie1

HSC
50 Cent says no to guns and yes to gyms

50 Cent is telling high school kids to put down the fries and hit the gym. The rapper has signed on as the spokesperson and one of the judges of a national cooking contest aimed at helping prevent childhood obesity. The contest sponsored by Glaceau — co-owned by 50 and home to his grape-flavored Formula 50 Vitamin Water drink — will pit student chefs in 12 cities against each other in a contest to create the most "nutrient-rich" cafeteria lunch menu. The winner will receive a $100,000 college scholarship. ...

www.rapbasement.com

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Re: 50 Cent says no to guns and yes to gyms

ya'll niggass knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww knowww what im abouttttttt front on my doeeeeeeee then the gunsssss come outttttttttttttt

kids listen to the songs more than they would watch advertisements and read publications

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

50 Cent has even moved into health drinks? Lame.

I popped my trunk to show him what I'm workin' wit',
first I showed him the Teck
I told him Niggas give these shits respect
but you don't want this, Man
these shits is known to jam
this is a little smaller here,
and a little more common, 9 Millimeter Ruger
16 shots, hollow points will go through ya
and this? this here? this is a 12 gauge Mossburg kid,
two shots and you can wet like half a block
this shit here gets my dick hard,
it's a Calicko, it holds a Hundred shots
if you can't kill your beef with this you need to stop
c'mon, pick somethin' now nigga, you know it's hot

aight, nigga look, I got Two 380's,
one black, one chrome, and 4 glocks
they all hold 21 shots
look, I done been through all my shit nigga,
so tell me what you want

Yep, you can tell that he hates guns.

gracie007

HSC

No one cares.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A

i'm starting to think robbie1 is 50cent

robbie1

HSC
50 Cent/Michael Jackson collaboration not true - for now

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1529602/20060426/50_cent.jhtml?headlines=true

DJ Whoo Kid wants to bring Michael Jackson and 50 Cent together, there's no doubt about that — it's just not happening as soon as reports might lead you to believe. Thanks to an announcement seemingly released by Jacko's new record label, which stated the singer's dream team was a done deal, several media outlets ran with the news, not realizing the press release was a prank.

There had been enough news in recent weeks to suggest that the press release was the real thing. Whoo Kid revealed earlier this month that Jackson had chatted him up about a possible collaboration with 50 (see "DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson"). Whoo Kid had just come back from Bahrain, where he said he had arranged a phone conversation between the two artists.

The phony press release, sent Sunday as an e-mail claiming to be from Two Seas Records, claimed this was now happening. "I do not know who put this story out, certainly not us," Two Seas spokesperson Sue Harris said. "But it doesn't surprise me!"

Media outlets such as Billboard and Rolling Stone picked up the hoax on Monday, reporting details that Jackson and 50 were joining forces on a song called "Now That I Found Love," featuring up-and-coming singer Lucy Diamonds, and that it would be out November 21.

"I don't know who made that up," Whoo Kid said, regarding those reports. "I don't know who Lucy Diamonds is."

"How are they saying it is a 50/ MJ/ Lucy song?" Diamond's spokesperson Jonathan Hay said. "This whole thing is freaking strange."

Reports stated that the song would also be on a Whoo Kid mixtape called MJ Unit - The Takeover, which would supposedly feature five unreleased Jackson songs and mash-ups of his prior hits with songs from members of the G-Unit camp, including Lloyd Banks, Mase, Young Buck, Mobb Deep and M.O.P. This was most likely "borrowed" from the fact that Whoo Kid is planning to work with Banks, Mase and Mobb Deep. But "Now That I Found Love" gives shout-outs to 50's rival, the Game, as well as DJ Skee, Nu Jerzey Devil and Black Wall Street.

"This isn't good because Lucy is talking to Game, she's been talking to Game for a while," Hay said. "So she won't be on that [MJ Unit] mixtape, not unless they stole her song."

As for Jackson, his camp refuses to give any information about the singer's upcoming projects, even to correct fake reports or press releases.

"As far as we are concerned, details regarding the recording of Michael Jackson's albums are being kept under wraps," Harris said. "We will not be making any comments as to who may or may not be working with Michael Jackson in the studio. We will not be making any announcements, nor will we be reacting to any speculation or reports in the media."

A spokesperson for 50 Cent did not elaborate on the prank.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Re: 50 Cent/Michael Jackson collaboration not true - for now

Seriously,

Do you work for 50 Cent or something?

robbie1

HSC

mr_brightside said:
Seriously,

Do you work for 50 Cent or something?
this is the music section right?

50 Cent makes music.

most of you hate 50 Cent and hate me, which is enough to bring my ass here and annoy the fuck outta you :)

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A

So well educated.
Makes me want to go download a whole 50 cent album, burn it to CD then cut the CD into little pieces and put it in your food.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

robbie1 said:
this is the music section right?

50 Cent makes music.

most of you hate 50 Cent and hate me, which is enough to bring my ass here and annoy the fuck outta you :)
yeah.

But you dont need to post every single fucking thing you find.

robbie1

HSC

hiphophooray123 said:
debatable
ummm no

he is in the music industry and makes music that tens of millions of people listen to :)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

the producer makes the music

50 has made few beats, twip comes to mind whats that song called again um 'the joint'? something like that, that sucked too.

shimmerz_777

HSC

hiphophooray123 said:
debatable
hahahaha this is by far my most favorite quote from you

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Re: The Official 50 Cent thread

that wasnt your plan you moron. people just started bagging you out for the dumbfuck you are so now you're falling back on that whole "oh i just did it all to piss you off" angle. it doesnt work.

LMAO @ the thought of you sitting @ home scheming this whole little plan in your basement. wow, if you really planned that, you're even more of a fag.

robbie1

HSC
Re: The Official 50 Cent thread

"got respect for human life but will accommodate you, one phone call and n***** will exterminate you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)