robert altman died at 81 on monday (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
this is a serious shame the dude was great. i'm glad he finished a prairie home companion in time.

spiny norman

HSC
Pilgrim said:
Care factor?
Regarding Saw III:

Pilgrim said:
its better than number 2 but worse than 1. answers a few questions too. not bad.

That said, I was surprised when I first read this news, which is in itself surprising given Altman's age. That said, I can't deny that I'm not an overly huge fan of his, only a couple of films really do it for me (MASH and Nashville, really), but I do respect him and think he had another interesting film or two left in him, so it's a great loss for cinema.

Pilgrim

HSC
cerpin taxt said:
more like cunt factor
You're right, Robert Altman was a cunt.

spiny norman said:
Regarding Saw III:

That said, I was surprised when I first read this news, which is in itself surprising given Altman's age. That said, I can't deny that I'm not an overly huge fan of his, only a couple of films really do it for me (MASH and Nashville, really), but I do respect him and think he had another interesting film or two left in him, so it's a great loss for cinema.
No. Just, no.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I haven't seen a lot of Altman's work, but it is a great loss to cinema. I don't know if it's a surprise though, he's already been through heart transplant surgery and has looked pretty unhealthy for a long time. Outlived a lot of other great directors too, Kubrick for one, just off the top of my head.

walrusbear

HSC
need to see more altman given his big 'name'. i haven't seen short cuts or nashville etc.
enjoyed MASH though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)