Robert T Kiyosaki (1 Viewer)

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
has anyone read any of his books? he's famous for writing finance/management books such as 'rich dad poor dad', 'if you want to be rich and happy, dont go to school?', and other books like that. he has also created a board game called 'cashflow' which is supposedly a simulation on our daily budgets and how we manage money.

i have read 'rich dad poor dad', and i must admit, it did give me a new perspective on how to earn money. apparently the author endorses the fact that people should stop worrying about their parents saying:

"study hard, get good grades, do well at uni, find a nice company to work for"

instead, that book explains how u can "study hard, get good grades, do well at uni, find a nice company to buy"

it's a really great insight on how the real rich people get rich.

i can't say if its a cheap marketing ploy to make people buy his books. but it is worth reading

paganinio

HSC
Cashflow series, I do want to get it but it's really toooooooo expensive, I don't want to spend too much money in order to 'make money'.

As to Rich Dad book series, I have read some of them, it gave me many inspirations, when I first read it I had a dream to make a lot of money, the books're really nice.

I have subscribed newsletters from official Rich Dad website.

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
i think he's a great inspiration for readers. i've read a lot of criticisms about kiyosaki though. there's a site that tries to prove kiyosaki as a con-man (finding evidence that he never had a rich dad, he never was a pilot/sea man, etc)
here's the site http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

but aside from those crits, i still think he puts a realistic approach to business if people are actually bothered to do wot he says.

hahah it's funny... his books are really engaging and interesting :)

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I created a Financial Literature thread so i could remain vague about these books. Damn you people for advertising his work.

waterfowl

HSC
I haven't read any of his books yet, although I got one ("Retire Young, Retire Rich") with a gift certificate I won in maths, I am going to read it after HSC.
I have heard from many people that his books are great and have helped them to grow their businesses and make lots of money.
I actually got a chance to play that board game once - it was educational and fun - but yeh it is a bit expensive to buy for myself.

masteraal

Rich Dad Poor Dad was good

this guy is such a genius...he must make a killing coz of all the retards who keep buying his series which basically repeat what he says in the other books

he charges like 7grand for a 3 day course....man hes a genius

must be soo god damn loaded!

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
If you want to be rich and happy, don't go to school

THAT is a great book. A nice insight to the negative aspects of the world's education systems.

Education is COMPETITION based. Survival of the fittest. We don't help ppl stand back up again. The failures are left to rot.

Education (so-called), trains us to be robots. How else do you explain why we vited for John Howard?

Education is about getting a job, working to help the economy and dying for the economy. Life and death revolves around MONEY. That's just sick.

So, life is about: working for an economy to help create goods, which sells these goods back to us for a HIGHER PRICE.

Wanna lower prisoner numbers? IMPROVE EDUCATION! No, i mean REALLY improve!

waterfowl

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
If you want to be rich and happy, don't go to school

I agree with that (for some people). I think I remember the news as saying that 40% (or maybe it was more) of the people on the BRW rich list did not have degrees and some had left school in year 10.

paganinio

HSC
shiny said:
i think he's a great inspiration for readers. i've read a lot of criticisms about kiyosaki though. there's a site that tries to prove kiyosaki as a con-man (finding evidence that he never had a rich dad, he never was a pilot/sea man, etc)
here's the site http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html
'The better a thing is, the more people will criticize it.'

P.S.The official Rich Dad message board is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)