Role of the pharaoh (1 Viewer)

canadian081

HSC
N/A
Please help me! :mad1:

How did the role of the Pharaoh change through the Old Kingdom to the New Kingdom???!

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

What's this for?

We need some information on your part to help you. :)

canadian081

HSC
N/A
I have a 2000+ word assignment on the role of the Pharaoh.

All of what ive found contradicts other information.

Some says that in the Middle Kingdom the Pharaoh was seen as a shepherd for his people, rather than a God-Incarnate, while other information just states that the Pharaoh expanded his intrests to economics and trade, while still being seen as a divine being.

Some books ive found say that in the New Kingdom the Pharaoh was nothing more than a Military Advisor, yet ALL internet sources I can find talk of the Pharaoh being see by his people as no different from the Old Kingdom.

Except for Akhenaten.

I just want a helping hand to straighten out what really went on. Id usually trust the books but they are pretty suss looking, hard to explain.

Id put the sources here, but im just too lazy.

X

xeuyrawp

canadian081 said:
I have a 2000+ word assignment on the role of the Pharaoh.
So this is a prelim essay?

Id put the sources here, but im just too lazy.

Meh, I'd help you, but I'm too lazy atm. Maybe someone else can. :)

kazil27

HSC
the artisians in ancient egypt painted the pharaoh enjoying his after life in his tomb, they believed if the pharaoh was happy in the afterlife, then their generation may live and be happy too =D!!. however ur subject isnt art lolz =P

canadian081

HSC
N/A
the artisians in ancient egypt painted the pharaoh enjoying his after life in his tomb, they believed if the pharaoh was happy in the afterlife, then their generation may live and be happy too =D!!. however ur subject isnt art lolz =P
dosent help but when it comes to Akhenaten all sources I find say he portrayed himself at the same heigh as everyone else, while all drawings of him that ive found show him much much taller than anyone else.

:bomb:
Meh, I'd help you, but I'm too lazy atm. Maybe someone else can. :)
smartass

X

xeuyrawp

canadian081 said:
I think it's pretty hilarious that you just want help, but aren't even willing to post up what sources you're talking about. How hard is it to post up the author and the title?

It's a pretty dense topic, so I can't just post a few sentences on it -- I have got an awesome article on it by Boyo Ockinga, though. But frankly, I cbf helping someone when they're not going to help themselves. Maybe someone else will. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)