role & response (1 Viewer)

NeRdY

HSC
The role and responses of religious traditions in at least 3 issues/political debates

with this DP i understand the role is basically the church's position on the issue but is the response what the church has done to influence the issue?

for example:

I did poverty in my assessment task and said the response of the Christians (making notes of variants) was establishing welfare agencys and benefits among others but my teacher said i needed to develop the responses better!

any suggestions?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
what about the labour movement?

for your poverty response i wouldn't be able to comment on it unless i get to see the actual thing...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
How about things such as questioning policies that cause people to become poor? I think at one stage churches were against GST as it would cause stress on many poorer families, hence government got rid of GST on various products

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
gambling is a good one as well......

the syllabus lists areas that you can pick from. The hard bit is selecting one/s that are cross-religion
ie
– the role and responses of religious traditions in/to at least THREE of the following issues/political debates:
- abortion
- divorce
- euthanasia
- gambling
- indigenous rights
- poverty
- sexuality
- the role of women in family, church, workplace and society
- unemployment

whilst the labor movement is one, its not relevant to this particular DP

NeRdY

HSC
Am i correct in saying the response is everything the tradition has done to emphasis their position.

like catholics have set up the st vincent de paul society to alleviate poverty. that right?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
NeRdY said:
Am i correct in saying the response is everything the tradition has done to emphasis their position.

like catholics have set up the st vincent de paul society to alleviate poverty. that right?
yes and no

yes its their position and their opinion on certain socio-political issues but I wouldnt use that example in the context you have stated it. SVDP wasnt set up by the Catholic Church to alleviate poverty as a response to a political/social issue in Australia.....

just to be picky.....!
LOL

NeRdY

HSC
getting extremely technical now arent we! Ok so maybe i didnt use a god example. what about the Christians lobbying the Gov to get rid of GST on food items? And the jewish communal appeal to fundraise for welfare of families and aged people? better???

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
For this one i tend to pick poverty and you can talk about welfare groups for christianity and the Gemilut Chassidim for Judaism. Basically take it straight out of ethics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)