Romeo and Juliet (1 Viewer)

shoutoutloud

HSC
Hello can some one please help me?
For school we are studying this wonderful play. I cant find 5 points for fate, If someone can state a quote tell me the technques and effects used it will be helpful!

Thanks

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/romeojuliet/index.html

it may help.

the prologue has some stuff about fate: especially since the audience knows that they will die before the play even begins.
"star-crossed" I think refers to fate (thinking astrology) being against you from the very start.

or if you like you can argue against the grain, and say it's partly by the decisions they made, that they died.

Fate definitely plays a part though. I don't have the text at hand but I remember the part where Romeo misses the message Juliet sends him, because he's gone off to see her or something, so he doesn't know of 'the plan.'

shoutoutloud

HSC
DownInFlames said:
http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/romeojuliet/index.html

it may help.

the prologue has some stuff about fate: especially since the audience knows that they will die before the play even begins.
"star-crossed" I think refers to fate (thinking astrology) being against you from the very start.

or if you like you can argue against the grain, and say it's partly by the decisions they made, that they died.

Fate definitely plays a part though. I don't have the text at hand but I remember the part where Romeo misses the message Juliet sends him, because he's gone off to see her or something, so he doesn't know of 'the plan.'
thanks lol its suppose to be in the first two acts for got to mention that!

agua.fuego

HSC
http://www.bookrags.com/notes/rj/TOP1.htm is really useful. It's got 11 points. Also, probably everyone uses this, but the No Fear Shakespeare on Sparknotes is really useful. And to remember quotes for exams and in-class essays if you're not allowed the novel, watch the movie. It helped me heaps, as well as if you listen to the commentary afterwards or watch the special features, you can do movie/play comparisons.

That site I mentioned "tracks" all these different themes/topics, so it's actually more useful than I thought :)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure you could have posted this in your other thread, instead of making a second :p

selablad

HSC
Oh, so they are different...haha I thought they were the same, but had been split or something complicated like that by moderators...
Hang on, why didn't I just go into both of them...
Wow, pointless post much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)