Romulus My Father: How many characters? (1 Viewer)

marty mcfly

HSC
For those of you doing Romulus My Father, how many characters have you prepared notes for? I've got Romulus, Raimond and Christina at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should bother with Christina or not.

clarg

HSC
Are you crazy?? Christine is by far the best to analyse in terms of belonging - I mean she commits suicide because she doesn't belong.

But to answer your question i've mainly done belonging between Romulus and Christine, but also shades of Rom-Raim and Rom-Hora.

marty mcfly

HSC
Are you crazy?? Christine is by far the best to analyse in terms of belonging - I mean she commits suicide because she doesn't belong.

But to answer your question i've mainly done belonging between Romulus and Christine, but also shades of Rom-Raim and Rom-Hora.
My work on Romulus tended to be better, so I decided to focus on him, and I figured I should have Raimond as well for an example of someone who does belong, but I've still got a fair bit about Christina

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends who you want to focus on, I prefer to talk about Raimond and Romulus too. But I have a bit about Christine/Hora too, took section out of Milka becaue I didn't really have time to link it well.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I talk about Christine, Romulus, and Raimond only and it's paid off quite well throughout the year.

Christine is definitely worth the effort, although there is that one quote that you want to avoid because its more used more than toilet paper ever has been regarding that tree as a symbol of her despondency or whatever it is.

MK888

HSC
Who I end up talking about will depend on the question, but I'll most likely focus on Raimond, Romulus and Christine.
If it specifies/allows me to talk about relationships, I mention in passing Milka and Hora (as in just listing the relationships that function within the novel)
I analyse Christine as well, Mitru gets a brief mention and so does Lydia (just with the betrayal, yet focus is on how it impacts on Romulus/his sense of belonging to his ethical code)

marty mcfly

HSC
I talk about Christine, Romulus, and Raimond only and it's paid off quite well throughout the year.

Christine is definitely worth the effort, although there is that one quote that you want to avoid because its more used more than toilet paper ever has been regarding that tree as a symbol of her despondency or whatever it is.
haha yeah, I'm definitely not using that! Ok I'll keep the stuff abo,ut Christine, thanks guys :)

CommunityFan

HSC
Romulus almost a few paragraph, Christine almost 2 paragraph, Hora under 1 paragraph... I mentioned Romulus but not analysing him much

should be solid I suppose with my related text :D

you need notes for Christine as she encompass the absence of belonging

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)