Roses and Valentine's Day (1 Viewer)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
So, roses and valentine's day. It's a compliment. But do girls really like roses that much? I mean, the definition of valentine's day is to show your 'love' to the one you love. There are many ways to show such affection, but roses? I mean, how did roses ever first came about to be the symbol for love?

So, the question is .. "Do you buy your girl roses on valentine's day? Or do you get her something else? Or even just not get her anything (tight ass lol)"

Valentine's day is sort of like a commercial day, where roses are marketed to be the symbol for love. And also! How much would you spend on roses? Realise that roses are expensive on the day, but the very next day, all the prices would come down?

And for girls, how do you feel when your boy gets you a brunch of roses on the day? I mean, wouldn't you rather just spend a nice day with them?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hahaha oh I hear they are! The last time I received some (not from boyfriend *sigh*) I just wanted to eat them up. They smelled beautiful :)

I don't want to be cliche, but for roses, I can't resist.

Just get one single long stem rose or something, just a token. The last few years, I have been going out to dinner instead.

yosemite sam

HSC
I think roses are too cliched and completely overrated, i mean, if you get a flower on valentines day then its roses...so maybe you should go for something different, away from the whole flower thing. I reckon if youre going to give a girl something, put some actual thought into it and try and find something she'll really like. might sound hard, but it would pay off

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
yosemite sam said:
I think roses are too cliched and completely overrated, i mean, if you get a flower on valentines day then its roses...so maybe you should go for something different, away from the whole flower thing. I reckon if youre going to give a girl something, put some actual thought into it and try and find something she'll really like. might sound hard, but it would pay off
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Give something different, but have more meanings to it.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Incidentally, roses have some chemical toxins that when administered can be very dangerous, even fatal.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I know that roses only look pretty for a few days, then they die and the money's sort of wasted. Nevertheless there's something nice about recieving flowers that I can't really explain.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
u dnt need to buy one, make him/her a rose, lol that way it wont die...

K.

HSC
I hate flower. When you give people presents its meant to represent the feeling between you two. Its like ..great you give me something thats beautiful for 3 days then they die? Gross.

Affinity

HSC
Roses are good.. you can always give roses when you can't be bother to think.
White roses are cute.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
You should definitely find out what TYPE of flowers your girl likes. Yes it's typical to give roses on Valentine's Day, but I'd rather get gerberas coz I love them (my boyfriend knows that too lol)

If you don't end up finding out what she likes, then yeh, maybe go for roses. It's the thought that counts! But go for a white or yellow rose...something different. And don't only give her flowers! Write her a letter...where's the creativity people!

My male best mate made 50 paper roses for Valentine's Day last year - and his girlfriend still has them!

PrettyVacant

HSC
K. said:
I hate flower. When you give people presents its meant to represent the feeling between you two. Its like ..great you give me something thats beautiful for 3 days then they die? Gross.
It's a reminder that humans are mortals and that nothing lasts forever. But while it lasts, life is beautiful..

[/lame]

Affinity

HSC
Tulipa said:
They such a fall-back flower anyways
Not necessarily. Roses are probably best if one is giving flowers

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Tulipa said:
Why?

It's the "I didn't know what flower you liked but every girl likes roses so here they are" flower.
That's true. But then again don't most girls like roses?

I like tulips though. The hot pink ones are lovely, so are the orange ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)