Rounding up final results? (1 Viewer)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hi -

Just wondering has anyone heard of the Tertiary Admissions centre rounding you final results up?? I applied to QTAC for 4 Universities - got a letter from QTAC missed out on a first round offer. Anyway, I checked out the QTAC website, logged in and it's still showing I have not completed yr 12. Call them this morning get all that sorted ou, yep they do have it on record.

So here comes the question - QTAC rounded my ENTER (same as UAI) by 3 points???? Obviously they can do that - but has anyone heard of Tertiary Admissions doing that?? Do all states do that or is it only Queensland? Just find it strange they'd go and round your final result by 3 points.

Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's not exactly "rounding" when there's a difference of 3 points, heh. :)

What were the actual figures? The QLD system uses OP ("Overall Position") ranks on a scale of 1 - 25 (with OP 1 being the highest), and so your new 'rounded' ENTER may actually just be the ENTER which is equivalent to the nearest OP rank.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Alright - my ENTER was merely 52.45 :((I know not some to be proud of) anyway it was 'rounded' from 52.45 to 55.00. I can't remember the OP for my first pref but the lady said the ENTER would be 61.00 - apparently I just missed out on a first round offer selection.

Anyway - thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)