Rpeating Or Tafe? (1 Viewer)

peters

I'm needing people's suggestions...

Unlike most of you are, i havent tried doing anything untill the last 4 months of my life in 12 yrs skooling...

my marks are in the mid 60's, however my subjects are low scaled

Would you repeat yr 12 if you have attitude you will maintain the confidence and motivation to study hard, or will you just transfer to tafe and get a diploma for the advanced standing? which is safer, i was thinking of returning to my current school to redo my test..

the worse thing is i do only 10 units, will i be able to repick 12 units?... i was in queensland for yr 11, therefore teacher suggested 10 units, would i be able to do 12?

Which institution is more comfortable, old school or tafe,

if i would like to do bachelor of business management, then which diploma do you suggest?

please give me your advice, im a new guy to this"studying world" :confused: ....... i guess the careers day helped me out.. anywayz thanx

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If I were you, I don't think i'd be able to repeat so I would choose TAFE.

^___^
HSC
its never too late to make ur last ditch effort in the HSC, trust me....work hard in trials and ur exam and then decide whether u should repeat or not...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah thats true, its definately not too late to improve your marks, remember you only do assessments for rank, your marks don't matter TOO much, but having said that, if you really want to do it over, I would definately suggest TAFE, school a second time around will just screw with ya, with TAFE you can still go out and be earning money and not be stuck in school full time when your friends have moved on.

s2ophie

HSC
if i was to do year 12 again i would change schools. At least then you would either make new friends or be an absolute loser with no friends so you would have time to study.

Originally posted by peters
I'm needing people's suggestions...

Would you repeat yr 12 if you have attitude you will maintain the confidence and motivation to study hard, or will you just transfer to tafe and get a diploma for the advanced standing? which is safer, i was thinking of returning to my current school to redo my test..
Well I did repeat...It can be really hard becos u not only have expectations on ur self to do better others don't accept u as easy bcos they assume you are a "dumb ass" u just have to find what is comfortable for yourself...all you can do is ur best if i were u i'd stick out the ret of the yr and go to tafe work your way up from there...the extra yr can really have an effect on you...

peters

i dont wanna enter trades, which is one of the main reasons i've decided to study, ... i was a bit late to decide, and didnt see any reasons to study, until recently as i saw the consequences of not studying

and tafe, i think is a good pathway into uni, does any know anyone or did anyone do accounting diploma? how difficult is it compared to economics or business?

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
well...from examples i've seen, repeating would be better.
a few yrs ago my friend got like 97 for his...was it TER back then?..wlel..whatever it was he got around 97..got annoyed at his mark and actually repeated cause he missed out on med..of cos..we all thought he was nuts...but a year later he got a mark of **100** and did medicine at unsw

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Change school, rinse and repeat. And keep that a secret :)

But it depends on your reputation on the current younger year.. At least, I would, since the year below me once had a big fight with me, after I chased someone with a knife..

(not a knife, but a small sowing scissor, but the guy was damn scared he reported it as knife to deputy..)

Soliah

You've got to consider how you think you will go. Chances are you'll choose the same subjects, since you've spent the last year doing them. If you do, do the same subjects then consider a few things:

1. Because you've done the subjects already, you may feel like you know the stuff already. This is bad, since it will demotivate your dedication to do your work, and it could be another repeat of this year.

2. Your going to be in the year that was below you the year before. Ask yourself if you can take the 'down nosing' from your new peers.

3. It is another year of school. Are you willing to really try hard?

If i were you, I'd try and do my best for whats left of this year. If you can get a resonable UAI, then try and get into a Uni with a perhaps a lower cutoff to the course you wish to do. Then perhaps you can transfer to a Uni that you've had your heart set on.

TAFE also isn't a bad choice, as from TAFE you can move onto Uni.

If you think that you really can try hard and get better marks by repeating then go and give it your best. My best wishes to you. Otherwise try hard for the rest of this year, and see if you can get into a Uni course. If not go to TAFE and from there do what you want :)

Cheers.

pri

HSC
N/A
go to tafe i say, at least ull be starting something new and fresh and u have motivation to work...

dont repeat the HSC, its bad enuf the first time, pathways students at my skool havent done too brilliantly, its demoralising.

peters mate whatver u do dont repeat .imagine going through it all again u would lose all motivation and probably fuck up harfer then u did the first time instead apply for a course at tafe as u mentioned business managemnet plenty of vacancies available if u apply on time study at tafe after 2 years of full time study u get ur diploma and providing u get a credit average u can gain direct entry into seleceted universities as well as gain credit for ur subjects that u studied at TAFE meaning that u would be able to start second year of uni straight away

alot of my friends are doing that and they say if ur interested in that field then the course isnt hard at all

Juliet

HSC
There are other options such as Apprenticeships and Traineeships. Where u can earn money and they pay for your education (at TAFE). Even if your UAI is rock bottom, some only require completion of Yr 10. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)