Ruby Moon! Where is she? (1 Viewer)

darkwaltzxx

HSC
I've had a good look around the net and there aren't many resources for info about the play. I've had a look in the resource thing here and my teachers helped out a fair bit. Do any of you know any secret places on the net there's any good info hiding??

ALSO!

What is your view on what happened to her? Was she real? Was she just a figment of her parents psychotic imagination? Whats your ideas?

Thanks =]

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Yeah, there is officially nothing on the interwebs. We got a bunch of booklets though that were pretty helpful.

My opinion on what happened. It ended the way it was supposed to, there is no real closure on these things in real life so why should there be in the play.

Great play though.

Kiim2507

HSC
Yeah theres hardly anything on the net about it

I think there was a Ruby at some stage...but like a long time ago
And perhaps Sylvie had an abortion or Ruby was stillborn

It's so open for interpretation that theres no right answer to whether there was a Ruby or not...and thats why it's a good play

jennieTalia

HSC
Well... that can be put into further questions..
What did Matt Cameron think happened to Ruby Moon? Does our own interpretation differ?

I mean, I personally think that he was writing about a typical child-goes-missing case.

But my own thoughts differ immensely.
xxx

prettyswish

HSC
as Matt Cameron said: "Its like a blind man sitting in a dark room looking for a hat that isn't there."

electrik1991

HSC
I think Matt Cameron's aim for the play is that the audience is left questioning so that we as an audience can empathise with parents that have lost a child, they get no closure.
Don't take my word for it, that's my opinion.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Ruby Moon is a rather straight-forward play, really (in a very twisted way). As long as you have the play in hand and a few notes booklets, it's fairly easy to deconstruct the play.

I believe what we see in the play is what the parents perceieve the world to be in their psycotic mind. Hence the messages from the detective that aren't actually on the machine. Everyone seems insane, because that is how Sylvie sees them all... A side-effect of her insanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)