Rudd appoints female (Ms Bryce) GG (1 Viewer)

Nick Minchin

HSC
N/A
Rudd appoints female G-G

Australia is to get its first female governor general, with the announcement that Quentin Bryce, the governor of Queensland, will take up the post following the resignation of Major General Michael Jeffery today.

Ms Bryce is a former Federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner, inaugural Director of the Queensland Women's Information Service and founding chair and Chief Executive Officer of the National Childcare Accreditation Council.

The Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, said Ms Bryce had an outstanding record of service to the entire Australian community and was highly qualified for the role of Governor-General.

The announcement came as current Governor-General Major General Michael Jeffery handed in his resignation.

Major General Jeffery's current term is due to expire next month.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said Ms Bryce would become Australia's 25th governor-general.

[...]

HSC
Re: Rudd appoints female GG

Shouldn't the appointment of the new Government Rubber Stamp be in Light and Offbeat news?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Hot stuff

boris

Banned
HSC

Oh man, what a fox.
She's what, atleast 60 times more hot than Marie Bashir.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Bit clinically depressed that the Beezer didnt get it, but..
She could govern my major general any day we're married and very much in love

boris

Banned
HSC
I've met Marie Bashir.

Lovely woman. Very down to earth. Made me want to "harm" Zahid and his Bankstown cronies for asking her dumb questions.

atreus

HSC
Marie Bashir is a very down to earth, logical woman. Maybe she didnt get the job because she recently got another 4 years as NSW Governor and also is serving as Chancellor of Sydney University. Or it could be Queenslander bias.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
A terrific choice. A talented, exemplar in so many ways.

As a New South Welshman, Marie Bashir would have been preferred, but if there was any possible person who could match her dignity and personal qualities it is Mrs Bryce..

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I liked it. She was really hot for like a 70yrd too. I hope to age like that but I doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)