Rudd calls for era of "social capitalism" (1 Viewer)

HSC
Howard also introduced the 1996 workplace reforms, which I think have been widely regarded as successful.

Also the current system of financial market regulation that has protected the Australian banking system from the collapse seen elsewhere

Gerald10

HSC
Howard also introduced the 1996 workplace reforms, which I think have been widely regarded as successful.

Also the current system of financial market regulation that has protected the Australian banking system from the collapse seen elsewhere
Ok fine give that to them. But much of the latter reform was Keating IMO but still give it to them.

Take what Howard did on education. IMO He was effectively trying to privatise the education system by providing excessive funding for the private system in the hope that private education would become more affordable - though of course that only increased demand and so prices stayed the same while the public system remained underfunded.

The list still isn't very impressive for a government which only real saving grace was that they ran the economy well. Im not saying they were bad economic managers by any stretch - but for a government that prided itself on economic policy its a pathetic legacy. The boom was essentially squandered and no preperations were made for the next one.

Gerald10

HSC
If you're a lefty you won't listen, you seem to suckle at the teat of Keynsianism so I'll let you wander in the wilderness for a while.
When the facts change I will change my opinion and Im completely open to it being changed.

But really thats pretty f***ing pathetic just sitting on the sidelines chucking in a few jabs acting like your above everyone without even putting your own opinions forward.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
When the facts change I will change my opinion and Im completely open to it being changed.

But really thats pretty f***ing pathetic just sitting on the sidelines chucking in a few jabs acting like your above everyone without even putting your own opinions forward.
You know what else is pretty fucking pathetic? Using asteriks for the 'u', 'c' and 'k' in the word "fuck".
It's quite obvious what word you're attempting to use and any attempt at manners would involve not using the word at all, so why not just spell it properly, retard? God isn't gonna butt-rape you for it. Daddy might though.

burger125

HSC
you know what else is pretty fucking pathetic? Using asteriks for the 'u', 'c' and 'k' in the word "fuck".
It's quite obvious what word you're attempting to use and any attempt at manners would involve not using the word at all, so why not just spell it properly, retard? God isn't gonna butt-rape you for it. Daddy might though.
pwnt

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ok fine give that to them. But much of the latter reform was Keating IMO but still give it to them.
APRA was all Costello.
Take what Howard did on education. IMO He was effectively trying to privatise the education system by providing excessive funding for the private system in the hope that private education would become more affordable - though of course that only increased demand and so prices stayed the same while the public system remained underfunded.
No, no, no and no.

Education is not a good with a static supply. Increasing subsidies moves the supply curve to the left and decreases prices. Even HSC economics should have taught you this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)