Rudd plans to lower voting age to 16 (1 Viewer)

Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

• Yes - voluntary up to age 18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - compulsory like all voting

• No

• Total voters

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
no, he is great. he LOVES me for my MIND.

basically he is a REAL MAN.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
dom is not particularly eloquent.

he is too gung-ho about it all. it's headache-inducing stuff, really.

C

copkiller

What is dom's username? I want to read some posts by the guy who is supposedly like me but more eloquent.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
What is dom's username? I want to read some posts by the guy who is supposedly like me but more eloquent.
He wasn't more eloquent, just more aggressive.

I'd suggest reading Schroedinger's posts instead. Every single one of them.

C

copkiller

I don't give a fuck if my posts are eloquent or not. If you want to post in NCAP, debate what I say based on whether it is logical and supported by evidence or gtfo.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Let's see some of the hard-hitting issues in NCAP that justify a thread about major electoral reform being classed as "off-beat":

-A thread about why atheists don't go to heaven

- A thread about the recognition of Muslim holidays

-A thread about the use of the word "gay" as an insult

-A thread about young people voting on some rubbish climate change thing

yeah great job mods

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
wah wah wah

you dickheads can still find the thread yeah? it hasn't disappeared from sight, no?

then stfu

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
dom wouldnt have it in him to kill a cop though

Edit: didnt doms posts get deleted also

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Automatic enrolment processes, whereby personal details provided to other government agencies are used to place people on the electoral roll, are suggested as a remedy to the problem where the Australian Electoral Commission does well at removing wrongly enrolled voters from the roll but less well at getting unenrolled voters on there in the first place. It is noted that the NSW government is examining such a mechanism for its “Smart Roll” project, utilising high school students’ details from the NSW Board of Studies.
I really, really don't like this.

The Howard government’s indefensible move to close the electoral roll almost immediately after the issue of the writs is set to be at the very least reversed. There is discussion of pushing the closure even later into the campaign, which technological developments have made easier to achieve, and even of allowing registration on election day, as occurs in Canada and some places in the United States.
But I do love this.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Social democrats are too busy eating the shit under their toe nails to have any real clue about what's going on in the world.

Yum, organic.

HSC
How do you expect people to want to be involved and aware if all people do is condemn and patronize their enthusiasm? Government policy impacts on a vast majority of sixteen year olds, why not allow them to have their say?
Exactly. The goal should be to empower and inform as many people as possible (not just 16 year olds) not to just assume they don't care. That sort of thinking is likely to add to people's sense of disempowerment and apathy. When I was 16, apathy about political issues wasn't 'cause I didn't care. It was 'cause I knew I couldn't do anything about it.

I can't believe people's cynicism on this issue. Honestly, we live in a nation where young people are being encouraged to become empowered and have a say. That's pretty damn awesome.

gorgeoussmile

HSC
Compulsory <18 voting would be a fucking nightmare

If it's optional, then you're really only going to get kids who give a shit about politics who will be voting.

Sadly however they will all likely be dumb liberals (as in opposed to conservatives) who will vote for Rudd because of global warming and for trying to stop those 'big evil greedy corporations' :'(

Why would people who want to vote liberal vote for rudd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)