• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rudd - the Chinese speaking disaster-man (1 Viewer)

Is Kevin Rudd doing a bad job?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • YES!

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

impervious182

HSC
Rudd is a disaster and possibly the worst PM that Australia has ever seen. (Yes, even worse than Whitlam.. but that's because I had to live during Rudd's reign and not Whitlam's.) The economic crisis has to an extent saved him, as has the ignorance of the Australian people - including many members of this forum.

I was starting to get over Rudd's bad performance though, in terms of the economy, state government management, indigenous issues, the climate, his lack of action, immigration, pointless symbolism, end-less flights around the world, media-whoring, new IR laws, bullying of non-government schools with Gillard and so on... but then I read this.

The control-freak Rudd, whose own staff complain to newspapers that he is rude, has a bad temper and not nice to be around; the undiplomatic diplomat who blabbers to those around him about private conversations with political leaders like a 10 year old girl then had the audacity to do this:

'The Herald understands the idea began at a secret meeting between the state Labor treasurers in Sydney on November 14 hosted by the NSW Treasurer, Eric Roozendaal.

The nation's only Liberal Treasurer, Western Australia's Troy Buswell, was excluded.'

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/states-forced-to-rely-on-ruddbank/2008/12/03/1228257139001.html

(It's about using foreign loans to fund infrastructure.)

Here's a man, not willing to work with any member of State Government, who is not from Labor. I assume most people on the forum would have no problem with this... but I do. As Prime Minister he should be looking past party politics and he has an obligation to work with all members of State Government.

He is too consumed with popularity and appearance, rather than actual action. That will be his demise.That is why he is a shocking PM, with no real values of his own.

impervious182

HSC
jm01 said:
What would you know about Gough Whitlam?
Enough.

That he was a man of great values, born into an era which could not sustain his ambitious objectives. As a result, he was a shocking economic manager.

impervious182

HSC
Darcy111 said:
Another shit thread brought to you by alexdore993
Damn, you're right! I should have made it on Bush.

Any objective viewer (and for the record, I don't affiliate with any one particular party... hint hint.) would have to take a look at Rudd's achievements and shrug... there's nothing spectacular, in fact, nothing much at all, of any real consequence.

If you support Rudd, then explain why. That's why I started this thread; because controversy is the best way to spark discussion and debate.

spiny norman

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Any objective viewer (and for the record, I don't affiliate with any one particular party... hint hint.) would have to take a look at Rudd's achievements and shrug... there's nothing spectacular, in fact, nothing much at all, of any real consequence.
An objective viewer would also know that one year into an incumbent's term as PM is far too early to judge them as the worst Prime Minister ever, aside perhaps Whitlam. An objective viewer would also acknowledge that Stanley Bruce and William McMahon were both far worse than Whitlam could ever have been, and that Rudd will ever be.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone here actually like Kevin Rudd?
I think he's doing a good job.

impervious182

HSC
x.christina said:
Anyone here actually like Kevin Rudd?
I think he's doing a good job.
I think he's doing a brilliant job. China should be glad they have him.

Oh wait... you mean doing a good job as PM of Australia?!?! What the...!!?!? Seek medical attention immediately.

Nicoski

HSC
We need a bit more choice in the vote... hmmm Nah the big K train is goin fine

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
alexdore993 said:
I think he's doing a brilliant job. China should be glad they have him.

Oh wait... you mean doing a good job as PM of Australia?!?! What the...!!?!? Seek medical attention immediately.
Gimme three things that he has done that has PERSONALLY affected you, your i family or friends.

+ Kevin gives hope to nerds with glasses (like me, but I don't think I'm a nerd...)

impervious182

HSC
Nicoski said:
We need a bit more choice in the vote... hmmm Nah the big K train is goin fine
Yeah I agree....

about the choice in the vote... not about 'the big K train.' He's kind of like Thomas the Tank Engine... except he never shuts up, he's incompetent and he's not friendly.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
alexdore993 said:
Yeah I agree....

about the choice in the vote... not about 'the big K train.' He's kind of like Thomas the Tank Engine... except he never shuts up, he's incompetent and he's not friendly.
why is there only "yes" and "yes"? which do we pick if we think "no"?

impervious182

HSC
x.christina said:
why is there only "yes" and "yes"? which do we pick if we think "no"?
Only a crazy person would vote 'no' and crazy people shouldn't have a right to vote...

Also, this isn't a democracy, it's a BoS thread. Please feel free to still vote though!

impervious182

HSC
x.christina said:
Gimme three things that he has done that has PERSONALLY affected you, your i family or friends.

+ Kevin gives hope to nerds with glasses (like me, but I don't think I'm a nerd...)
  1. He conditionalised funding for non-government schools. Which angered me.
  2. He apologised to a non-existant 'stolen generation'... which personally affected me, because I felt I had an obligation to expose the truth on this issue. Yet he hasn't done anything to actually fix the problem of disparity between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. Symbolism.
  3. He signed the Kyoto Protocol, which has resulted in people preaching that I should drink soda because it results in CO2 emissions. This was symbolic and useless, seeing as the verdict on climate change is not yet in. His hypocrisy in flying all around the world, emitting CO2, to preach that emitting CO2 is bad.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah well. It seems I am the only one. My friend sitting next to me also hates Kevin Rudd. So do my parents.

And I guess your three points are right also (dammit.)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
alexdore993 said:
  1. He conditionalised funding for non-government schools. Which angered me.
  2. He apologised to a non-existant 'stolen generation'... which personally affected me, because I felt I had an obligation to expose the truth on this issue. Yet he hasn't done anything to actually fix the problem of disparity between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. Symbolism.
  3. He signed the Kyoto Protocol, which has resulted in people preaching that I should drink soda because it results in CO2 emissions. This was symbolic and useless, seeing as the verdict on climate change is not yet in. His hypocrisy in flying all around the world, emitting CO2, to preach that emitting CO2 is bad.
1. obviously an appeal to the battlers who got him over the line in the first place. Same reason he's implemented the first home-buyers grant increase (it's not to help first homebuyers, but to stabilise the market for those in it. People get pretty angry when the biggest investment of their lives drops massively in value.)
2. They were only ever going to be words. Words cure nothing. i agree with this point and think that his contribution to this issue should not be exalted until some actual action is taken to match the apology.
3. Surely, if as you say "the verdict isn't in", it would be more appropriate to err on the side of caution? You know, 'just in case'. Cutting back CO2 emissions sensibly isnt really that bad of an idea. If it turns out that the whole thing is just a load of nonsense then, hey, at least u've extended the time you have until fossil fuels run out. I dont think the whole environmental conversion is a bad thing. It makes us more aware of the place we live in.

impervious182

HSC
The_highwayman said:
1. obviously an appeal to the battlers who got him over the line in the first place. Same reason he's implemented the first home-buyers grant increase (it's not to help first homebuyers, but to stabilise the market for those in it. People get pretty angry when the biggest investment of their lives drops massively in value.)
2. They were only ever going to be words. Words cure nothing. i agree with this point and think that his contribution to this issue should not be exalted until some actual action is taken to match the apology.
3. Surely, if as you say "the verdict isn't in", it would be more appropriate to err on the side of caution? You know, 'just in case'. Cutting back CO2 emissions sensibly isnt really that bad of an idea. If it turns out that the whole thing is just a load of nonsense then, hey, at least u've extended the time you have until fossil fuels run out. I dont think the whole environmental conversion is a bad thing. It makes us more aware of the place we live in.
1. It was his promise to implement a national curriculum. One assumes this means, one for all schools willing to adopt it... allowing schools who currently teach IB to continue doing so. This legislation does not allow for that.
2. That's right. Words cure nothing and unfortunately Rudd has performed no action, in over a year, to match the sentiments of his moving (not) speech.
3. Except it's stupid to act when the major emittors are not (China and India)... It would make no foreseeable difference even if the theory were true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)