Rudd to allow universities to force students to pay union "fees" (1 Viewer)

greeklegend

HSC
Why the hell would Joyce cross the floor on this? It's not something that will get him truckloads of extra votes in Queensland the way voting against selling telstra would have. He won't pick a fight with his party if it doesn't give him an electoral benefit.

Lentern

HSC
greeklegend said:
Why the hell would Joyce cross the floor on this? It's not something that will get him truckloads of extra votes in Queensland the way voting against selling telstra would have. He won't pick a fight with his party if it doesn't give him an electoral benefit.
He couldn't possibly vote for the bill on it's merrits could he?

greeklegend

HSC
Lentern said:
He couldn't possibly vote for the bill on it's merrits could he?
Besides the point, surley.
He'll vote for it because it's not one of the battles he wants to fight with his party

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
greeklegend said:
Why did he cross the floor on the original bill for VSU?

greeklegend

HSC
He did?
I'll eat my words then. Evidently farmers in QLD who vote national DO care about VSU

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This is a blatant fucking tax on lowly students because the government cbf paying for all the implications of their equal access bullshit. Why the fuck should I fund the China club? Why should I fund some redneck's counselling because regional assistance to his 60uai means that he's now having issues keeping up with a course of an 80cutoff? FFS. You think you're getting ahead, but they just drag you back into the muck. It's a joke. If students genuinely wanted a sense of community on campus, they'd be motivated to forge it themselves. As it stands, we just want our degree like a burger, and then want to gtfo

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, it's a massive joke to even suggest that university isnt an elite institution. Under this equality junk, we basically pretend that all hsc graduates have a right to a tertiary education, and campus subsequently devolves into the mindless quest for a fuck, a beer, and an easy marker. They come in here, riding a wave of their own spew, demanding all sorts of facilities that have nothing to do with university, because they have nothing to do with university. It's a corporation, oriented around how to package a product which best pleases the braindead drones of hsc graduates. Not only do they get anything worthy out of it, but they drown the bright 10% in their dullness, and convert them to the weak and petty goal of personal enrichment in business/marketing endevours
Dont you see! We've given up on the quest for Truth -universal truth -in place of "journeys" and individual fullfillment! The entire university framework today is a farce, a cruel joke. It all ended with the 60s imo, we're just pretending it didnt

zstar

HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Yeah, it's a massive joke to even suggest that university isnt an elite institution. Under this equality junk, we basically pretend that all hsc graduates have a right to a tertiary education, and campus subsequently devolves into the mindless quest for a fuck, a beer, and an easy marker. They come in here, riding a wave of their own spew, demanding all sorts of facilities that have nothing to do with university, because they have nothing to do with university. It's a corporation, oriented around how to package a product which best pleases the braindead drones of hsc graduates. Not only do they get anything worthy out of it, but they drown the bright 10% in their dullness, and convert them to the weak and petty goal of personal enrichment in business/marketing endevours
Dont you see! We've given up on the quest for Truth -universal truth -in place of "journeys" and individual fullfillment! The entire university framework today is a farce, a cruel joke. It all ended with the 60s imo, we're just pretending it didnt

Once the left have their way they'll not only guarantee free university education but free university degree's too.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Using the word maverick a bunch for Xenophobe

talking about values and shit for Fielding
Talk about your involvement with Christian groups on campus and how the UNSW bible study has weathered the VSU storm and come back stronger than ever.

nisseltaria

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I wish Universities still had the same degree of proper elitism about them that they once did :(
Exactly what air of elitism do you want in your campus?
The kind of elitism that we had, where only the rich and the extremely lucky even had the chance to apply? Or the kind that has never existed in Australia, where only the very bright may enter?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface said:
Talk about your involvement with Christian groups on campus and how the UNSW bible study has weathered the VSU storm and come back stronger than ever.

what is likely to happen to the usu access program?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
bobet said:
Fuck i cant believe this shit.
Fucking wanker!
I knew labor would pull this shit :) they didnt have our vote :D
Srsly, I ALREADY PAY UNI FEES FOR MY JOB WHICH ILLL LOSE TO GO TO UNI ARGHHGDGFHDFKGDFHG FUCKERS
it'll all go on a hecs loan anyway. stop being a cunt

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
bobet said:
Fuck i cant believe this shit.
Fucking wanker!
I knew labor would pull this shit :) they didnt have our vote :D
Srsly, I ALREADY PAY UNI FEES FOR MY JOB WHICH ILLL LOSE TO GO TO UNI ARGHHGDGFHDFKGDFHG FUCKERS
good god u need to relax
its not rudds fault

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rafy said:
what is likely to happen to the usu access program?
Uncertain. Depending on how much of the fee the unversity actually gives the USU ACCESS cards may become free, or the current system may remain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)