Ruddkip's Word Police (1 Viewer)

HSC
That is kind of weird and kind of interesting. I always thought politics is where the general defamation laws don't apply. I'm pretty sure that no matter what words are banned though, synonym insults will conveniently take their place.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Rudd, what a wanker. I didn't vote for this. Hey, I didn't even vote.

Sprangler

HSC
Who cares? Maybe they can now stop using such harsh words to hurt others feelings, and come up with some witty insults and puns that will make Rudd's face turn ruddy.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Fucking ridiculous. There is no other way to describe this.

Printing allowance are indeed taxpayer money but Rudd/DoFD seem to be forgetting that Liberal voters are also taxpayers. The allowances are paid to MPs and Senators who have been freely elected by taxpaying citizens. If taxpayers don't like smear campaigns then they shouldn't vote for politicians which run them. The policy as it stands is nothing short of censorship which restricts the ability of other parties to criticise the Government.

I strongly believe that it is the right and indeed the role of opposition parties to criticise the Government, this undermines that and should be rejected.

As an aside it is also worth noting that the banned words can all be accurately used to describe the Government:

The words Rudd's word police have banned:
Disgraceful
Dreadful
Inept
Mismanagement
Reckless
Recklessly
Incompetence
Incompetent
Irresponsible
Flawed
Unfairly
Disastrous
Neglect
Disregard

HSC
Uni Grad
Those words DEFINE the government, wtf???
Im pretty sure free speech is being infringed here also. It's like he's trying to cover up or hush his future failings banning the opposition from mentioning them.

What a tosspot

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
He should not ban words, he should create new, nicer words, perhaps some kind of newspeak.
Nah, i don't think that will work. He'll probably try it though...something like this:

Kevin Rudd said:
喂。我不知道有多少人会理解这一点,但我慢慢
他妈的你的国家。中国万岁!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
This is unconstitutional it'd have to go to the high court to pass.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Lol, because banning the use of those words really makes a difference...

thesaurus.com.

That's all I have to say.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
can someone create an ignore script that puts any variation of BBJ or bigboyjames on ignore+hides posts. thx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)