Rudd's "Education Revolution" (1 Viewer)

Do you support the change in curriculum for all Australian Schools?

• Yes, I strongly support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I support

• No, I oppose

• No, I strongly oppose

• Total voters

ilikebeeef

HSC
Yeah true that. In any case they shouldn't screw with science or maths. They were fine. Don't dumb down nsw to allow qld peeps to do "better". Either that or they can have 2 separate things? One for the excelling students like the current nsw hsc, and a simpler one for the others. But no, that means complexity and problems :S The nsw hsc is mostly fine the way it is. The less intelligent peeps can do the less strenuous subs like general maths rather than devaluing subjects, or making them subject to inflation lol.
Lol what? :p

EDIT: I'm fluey, if I'm making silly suggestions and so on that is why.
It's k. Hope you get well soon.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
a couple thoughts on this:

- the whole talk about "grammar" is just to appeal to the masses

and more importantly, i think the national curriculum will be bad for scientific literacy at least compared to the current NSW syllabus

i've heard from a reliable source on all things science teaching at my uni that they're planning to test science in clearly divided physics/chemistry/biology/geology sections... this means the content will be "decontextualised", so you'll end up with a semester of physics, then one of chemistry, etc. instead of different topics integrated into interesting units with themes, like dinosaurs or something

this basically means the kids who aren't already interested in science will just learn even less

HSC
Uni Grad

and more importantly, i think the national curriculum will be bad for scientific literacy at least compared to the current NSW syllabus

i've heard from a reliable source on all things science teaching at my uni that they're planning to test science in clearly divided physics/chemistry/biology/geology sections... this means the content will be "decontextualised", so you'll end up with a semester of physics, then one of chemistry, etc. instead of different topics integrated into interesting units with themes, like dinosaurs or something

this basically means the kids who aren't already interested in science will just learn even less
My sister is already doin this at a selective school.
I think it's better tbh, they actually know what branch of science they are doing.

EDIT: Though yeh, would kinda be shit when you think about topics, hmm.

Last edited:

ilikebeeef

HSC

I thought there are already distinct topics? E.g. dinosaurs is part of biology.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)