Rules and Restrictions on Content (1 Viewer)

hammerhead

HSC
Hi,
This might be obvious, but I'm just asking if someone could point out the restrictions of the content in major works, or is it a rating? PG?

jimmayyy

HSC
i dont think there is any restrictions on "content". browsing over the syllabus, i cant find anything relating to what the peice actually says. i suppose if u did film medium or whatever you could not show full frontal nudity or sex acts as you wouldnt have the licenses, but other than that...i dunno.

hammerhead

HSC
Firstly thank you Jimmayyy for your response.
I am doing film, and I was wondering where to draw the line. For instance in drama I know that dangerous objects, weapons can't be shown. I was just wondering whether there was guidelines for the major works.
To be more specific can you show attempted suicide? No blood but it might demonstrate a suicidal method.

jimmayyy

HSC
i think its all about HOW you do it. have u seen the movie the virgin suicides? they do the suicides well there - you see the legs from the girl that hanged herself dangling, from the waiste down - or the outline of the body in the car. i think if u can do harsh subject matter "tastefully" you will be going well.

as for weapons and that on camera, i dont have the foggiest. ask your mentor, he/she should definately be able to tell you.

maybe some previous ee2 candidates can help too.

Emph

HSC
this is probably very unhelpful but there are some guidlines on what is deemed appropriate because we were given a board of studies outline about it last year. i dont still have it and dont know where you'd find it, but there is one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)