Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

parts

HSC
This has been a great read, i got through to about page 18 and skipped to the last page so this might have been said somewhere.

For checkouts:

- To all the customers out there It is called 'Cash-out' not 'Cash-back' get it right!

- Another note is you can not get 'Cash-out' when you select credit! cash-out can only be given on cheque or savings.

- Also when asking for 'Cash-out' there is a limit. We are not banks or ATM's so don't get pissed when you are not able to withdraw the entire amount in your savings account.

- For the customers out there that are trying to be cool and help save the environment with their green bags, please don't wait until I have packed half your trolley into plastic bags before realising and handing me your green bags. I also don't care if you run out of green bags or didn't bring enough because
a) you left the rest in your car or at home
b) you ended up buying more things than you expected

Anyway thats my contribution lol this thread is great so keep it going peoples...

CieL

HSC
A few women pissed me off the other day..

Bananas at my store were at $2.98/kg.. and some woman hands me a bunch of bananas and said she wanted $5 worth.. I put it through the machine and it came out as $5.50 and she wanted to pick ONE banana off to make it lighter.. being a stupid gay system.. I had to find the exact weight to delete the item.. and the fucking bitch kept wanting to get her paws on the bananas to rip one off.. like fucking WAIT I need the exact previous weight before I can get a new weight, turd.. and then when the total came, I have this habit of holding the notes [so they dont fly away/get taken/whatever] whilst customers get coins.. and I press the cash button so it's faster.. but being a slow fuck, she tells me to slow down when I grabbed the $50 to display it in front of her.. and refused to give me her change until I slowed down.. like wtf? Dude, you're holding up the 10m long queue if you haven't noticed???

And then later that day, some other fat bitch was complaining because we had two checkouts working, and the queue was a few people long each.. we had four staff.. one was fine, one was in training, one was keeping an eye out on the noob, and I was counting the main cash drawer.. and then the bitch yells out to me to open a lane.. and uhhhh, I had cash everywhere? Told her I was busy n shit.. and then she goes to ramble on about how there's four people so there should be four lanes opened.. yeah, whatever.. I might of opened if you werent so bitchy..

Some_Guy

HSC
parts said:
This has been a great read, i got through to about page 18 and skipped to the last page so this might have been said somewhere.

For checkouts:

- To all the customers out there It is called 'Cash-out' not 'Cash-back' get it right!

- Another note is you can not get 'Cash-out' when you select credit! cash-out can only be given on cheque or savings.

- Also when asking for 'Cash-out' there is a limit. We are not banks or ATM's so don't get pissed when you are not able to withdraw the entire amount in your savings account.

- For the customers out there that are trying to be cool and help save the environment with their green bags, please don't wait until I have packed half your trolley into plastic bags before realising and handing me your green bags. I also don't care if you run out of green bags or didn't bring enough because
a) you left the rest in your car or at home
b) you ended up buying more things than you expected

Anyway thats my contribution lol this thread is great so keep it going peoples...
I think its just the brits that call it cash back. The first time a brit guy asked me for cash back I got really confused and thought he was after a refund. His strong accent didnt help either.

Pace_T

HSC
CieL said:
And then later that day, some other fat bitch was complaining
LOL, <3

i use to work as a checkout chick. it killed me, i swear to god it was so bad. how do u people manage to put up with bitchy customers? i had to bitch back sometimes and thats why i found it hard maintaining a job when i was doing jobs like that.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
//Niix// said:
ANNNDDD dont think u are going 2 lose weight by ordering a diet coke when u have just ordered everything in the store. fat fark!
i like the taste :(

HSC
N/A
When you're 60, tiny, lonely and really fugly, don't come through express queues with your wrinkles and turquoise eyeshadow and bright pink blush and long dyed frizzy gold hair buying $18's worth of pet food then spending 20 minutes chatting to our checkout chicks in your squeaky voice about your loneliness and eccentricities and whatever else. On a weekly basis. With your trolley smack bang in the middle of the lane. It's just very eww.

HSC
N/A
Oh, and when we're busy 5pm on a weekday, don't come through full service asking for cigarettes and expecting me to get someone to get them for you immediately because "you're the customer". There are plenty of other customers. I serve you because you've queued up for it. Anyone else serving you is a bonus. Just because you spent $70 here does not make you our first priority.

And, yeah, I find it really hard not to bitch back either.

CieL

HSC
Rule..... don't try to pick me up if you're 30+

I served this guy.. goes like this:

Him: Can I have.................... a Winfield blue
Me: *gets his smokes* Anything else?
Him: And! *pause* Can I have.. you too?
Me: *shock* HA! That'll be 9.95. FlyBuys?

He wasn't even hot.

In the context of bitchy customers.. I just try to say as little as possible so they come up with less comebacks.. and if they carry on, I put my head down and pretend they're not there.. it's rude in a way, but I dont want to shout back then say something that really ticks them off.. in the area my work is located, quite a few of the customers are fucked in the head, or rock up under the influence of drugs/alcohol.. so I just gotta be 10xs more careful dealing with them due to their unpredictability.

Some_Guy

HSC
CieL said:
In the context of bitchy customers.. I just try to say as little as possible so they come up with less comebacks.. and if they carry on, I put my head down and pretend they're not there.. it's rude in a way, but I dont want to shout back then say something that really ticks them off..
Yea whenever someone begins to lose their temper with me I just completely ignore them. (Unless of course that person is old because then I know for sure that they will complain to management since they have nothing better to do).

HSC
If you are on a mobile phone, AND don't put a divider through your shopping, then you can't complain about my staff member for accidently scanning one too many items while receiving instructions from a supervisor. would you prefer that she stop serving you to listen to me, no, you wouldn't. So get off your damn phone and show some respect for the person serving you.

I had my first supervision shift last night. Needless to say it didn't go well.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yess I hate it when people just keep talking on their mobile while they order. But I suppose it works out for me- people on phones/with earphones in/not listening often mis-hear $5.15 for $5.50 so they hand me their money and walk away to talk without collecting their change. It happens quite a few times a day.

CieL

HSC
babikakez said:
If you are on a mobile phone, AND don't put a divider through your shopping, then you can't complain about my staff member for accidently scanning one too many items while receiving instructions from a supervisor. would you prefer that she stop serving you to listen to me, no, you wouldn't. So get off your damn phone and show some respect for the person serving you.

Er what kind of instructions do you need to tell them when they're scanning?

dodgyfilokid

HSC
what im startin to do now is not bother to talk to the customer while he/she is on her phone chattin....this only happens when they pay by card or when they are on the service desk....i dont care if the queues get long..its your fault your on the phone and me not bein able to ask you since you wil probably get shitty at me if i interrupt your "interestin"convo....

and also i HATE it when someone puts stuff onto layby and then decides to cancel the entire account on the spot on the same time.....it has happend to me once and let me say it caused a queue coz someone culdnt make up their mind......

finally...WE ARE NOT PART OF MYER ANYMORE!!!!!!! dont be surprised if i dont take your myer one card or myer gift card and dont start sayin "ohh i wasnt told of that"..mate read the news or listen to the radio..god it cant be that hard

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
NO, WE DONT HAVE FUCKING SOFTDRINK, FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! YOU SHOPPED IN THE SUPERMARKET NEXT DOOR, WHY DIDNT YOU GET SOFTDRINK THEN! THE LIQUOR DEPARTMENT DOESNT HAVE SOFT DRINK, YOU'VE SHOPPED HERE FOR HOW LONG NOW!!! geez

Pilotdude

HSC
babikakez said:

I hate when people are on their phones and they show their card and get to their pin and press ok then say i wanted $50 out! well you could have got off your phone and told me. I told a guy the other day that i wasnt employed to read minds and he demanded to speak to the manager on duty who was out getting subway so i was in charge of the store for 30 minutes and he went mental at me telling me i should know better etc. Lol so i told him to leave the store or police will be called or we will issue a trespass notice you should have seen his reaction PRICELESS!!!

At your store can you guys save/recall transactions for cigarettes from big c/o's and express?

We cant because we are apparntley not licenced to which works out better anyway because you dont have to take people to the service desk every 5 minutes. People always think its our fault they have to use a card/cheque twice but its not our problem you want to wittle 10 minutes of your life away on a stick.

I love being a supervisor because we get abused and i throw it right back and because we only have 2 supermarkets in town they arent going to go anywhere else.

Fark look out if you mess with me when im a bad mood espeically if we have every single staff member that knows checkouts which is a whole 5 people in the store open when there are q's

This is what some fat slut asked me the other day well didnt ask but yelled at me.

"EXCUSE ME! ITS BACKED UP OUT THERE DO YOU THINK YOU COULD OPEN A FEW MORE CHECKOUTS"
"Well we dont have any more staff"
"WHY NOT, ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH"
"Well if you would like to tell the mining industry and gas industry to pay their staff less so we could keep our staff we would have more"
"NO NEED TO BE A SMART ASS"
"Just the truth, anything else i can help you with today":) .

Also DO NOT ASK ME TO RING THE TAXIS its not my fucking job.
Then do not attempt to try and jump accross the counter and assault me you will be arrested like this old guy was the other day tried to jump the smoke counter because i told him that i was not calling the taxis as it wasnt my problem and not my job.

I hit the panic button and the police were there in like 30 seconds and tackled him to the ground.

Never a dull moment as a supervisor at woolies!!

HSC
N/A
Pilotdude said:
I hate when people are on their phones and they show their card and get to their pin and press ok then say i wanted $50 out! well you could have got off your phone and told me. I told a guy the other day that i wasnt employed to read minds and he demanded to speak to the manager on duty who was out getting subway so i was in charge of the store for 30 minutes and he went mental at me telling me i should know better etc. Lol so i told him to leave the store or police will be called or we will issue a trespass notice you should have seen his reaction PRICELESS!!!

At your store can you guys save/recall transactions for cigarettes from big c/o's and express?

We cant because we are apparntley not licenced to which works out better anyway because you dont have to take people to the service desk every 5 minutes. People always think its our fault they have to use a card/cheque twice but its not our problem you want to wittle 10 minutes of your life away on a stick.

I love being a supervisor because we get abused and i throw it right back and because we only have 2 supermarkets in town they arent going to go anywhere else.

Fark look out if you mess with me when im a bad mood espeically if we have every single staff member that knows checkouts which is a whole 5 people in the store open when there are q's

This is what some fat slut asked me the other day well didnt ask but yelled at me.

"EXCUSE ME! ITS BACKED UP OUT THERE DO YOU THINK YOU COULD OPEN A FEW MORE CHECKOUTS"
"Well we dont have any more staff"
"WHY NOT, ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH"
"Well if you would like to tell the mining industry and gas industry to pay their staff less so we could keep our staff we would have more"
"NO NEED TO BE A SMART ASS"
"Just the truth, anything else i can help you with today":) .

Also DO NOT ASK ME TO RING THE TAXIS its not my fucking job.
Then do not attempt to try and jump accross the counter and assault me you will be arrested like this old guy was the other day tried to jump the smoke counter because i told him that i was not calling the taxis as it wasnt my problem and not my job.

I hit the panic button and the police were there in like 30 seconds and tackled him to the ground.

Never a dull moment as a supervisor at woolies!!
Wow I wanna be a supervisor in some little place where there's no competition. :)

Where are you, btw? (And yeah we can save transactions across full service and express, although you'd need to physically get the ciggies over to the register anyway so I don't know what you mean.)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
not customers in the sense of retail but...

fuck, unless it's the only fucking toilet you have in the building, NO A FUCKING RUNNING CISTERN IS NOT SUUUUUUCH AN EMERGENCY, YOU JUST HAVE TO COME WITHIN THE HOUR. especially not when it's pissing down rain statewide. mcuntsicles.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
dodgyfilokid said:
what im startin to do now is not bother to talk to the customer while he/she is on her phone chattin....this only happens when they pay by card or when they are on the service desk....i dont care if the queues get long..its your fault your on the phone and me not bein able to ask you since you wil probably get shitty at me if i interrupt your "interestin"convo....

and also i HATE it when someone puts stuff onto layby and then decides to cancel the entire account on the spot on the same time.....it has happend to me once and let me say it caused a queue coz someone culdnt make up their mind......

finally...WE ARE NOT PART OF MYER ANYMORE!!!!!!! dont be surprised if i dont take your myer one card or myer gift card and dont start sayin "ohh i wasnt told of that"..mate read the news or listen to the radio..god it cant be that hard
i work at myer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)