Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
#2 - Because we don't have EFTPOS, we have to do all credit transactions by writing everything out on a credit slip. The boss then contacts the bank and does the transaction. Yes, it's legit; we wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Yes, I have to write slowly because if I cock it up, he has to call you and get all your information again. No, you don't get this as your recepit because then the transaction cannot be finished that way.
Around xmas time there was a stall in the local shopping center selling i can't remember what but i LOL'd when i walked past and this old bag pulled her credit card out to pay for something when they didn't even really have a register :rolleyes:

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
I'm dreading the new promotion coming to coles, with the buy (insert item here), and get (insert different item here) free. People will get all pissy and be like "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it's free" whenver I scan it.

Ahh, it's so annoying when people say "can I get the meat in plastic", when they have no other bloody bags to put their trolley load of groceries in.

Yes, I am wearing a Coles uniform. Yes, I am shopping at Woolies. No, I don't find it particularly amusing.
And please don't ask me where an item is. Remember which damn store you are in.

...And if people ask if I have any plans for Valentines Day... *fist shake*
No, I'm the being coy about it, I just don't want to tell you!

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Tete-De-Chou said:
I'm dreading the new promotion coming to coles, with the buy (insert item here), and get (insert different item here) free. People will get all pissy and be like "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it's free".
Is that the new promotion?

I got told it was like woolies... umm, buy this and a drink, and you get charged a discounted price or some shit... even though I'm not aware Woolies has this...

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Tete-De-Chou said:
I'm dreading the new promotion coming to coles, with the buy (insert item here), and get (insert different item here) free. People will get all pissy and be like "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it's free" whenver I scan it.
F U C K I N G OATH, im dreading it soo hard, i can imagine when they have a promotion for like buy 2 coke bottles and get a free 50g mars bar, but instead they buy a 100g mars bar and sit there yelling at you its for free.....OH GOD...

also

at my coles we have underground parking which is run by some different company, and you need a coles receipt to validate your parking or you will have to pay when you exit.

We got all these cocky kunt customers, walking off proud without a receipt or just throw the receipt on the ground or just leave it on the conveyor belt, and then come back RUNNING...oh i need the receipt for the parking....fucking hell you do, just take the receipt like a respectful person you ASSHOLE...

CieL

HSC
I hate it when I get dumb customers in peak hour.

Especially the ones who buy smokes.

Them: I'd like cigarettes thanks.
Me: Which kind?
Them: Longbeach.
Me: What colour?
Them: Yellow.
Me: 40s? 30s? 20s?
Them: 30s. Oh! And a couple of papers thanks.
Me: How many's a couple?
Them: ohhhhhhhhhh.... *thinks of awhile* give me two.

Like ffs, make up your mind before you stand there waiting. It's a waste of my time to ask each question individually. Do you expect me to read your mind and know that "cigarettes" in general equates to longbeach yellow 30s? And expect me to know that "a couple" means two?

It's even worse when they lag. You tell them the price, then they blink at you a few times before pulling out their wallet.

Knock knock. Anyone home?

RTTTYTR

HSC
CieL said:
Did it also have your picture in it?

I guess it's because cards are easy to fake.

So we only accept the ones with proper holograms and weird ink and all this other BS.
Yes ID pic, DOB, School, Electronic barcode,

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
CieL said:

Especially the ones who buy smokes.

Like ffs, make up your mind before you stand there waiting. It's a waste of my time to ask each question individually. Do you expect me to read your mind and know that "cigarettes" in general equates to longbeach yellow 30s? And expect me to know that "a couple" means two?

It's even worse when they lag. You tell them the price, then they blink at you a few times before pulling out their wallet.

Knock knock. Anyone home?
Even worse in peak hour when people buy ONE item, therefore the total would be pretty obvious. But no, I scan the item, place the fucking tiny and light item in a bag for you then you get your wallet out and go through your millions of coins to pay me. Jesus, you were in the line for 10 mins, get your coins out then.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
CieL said:

the last time i checked, a couple means two.

i hate it when i get dumb check out chicks.

HSC
Tete-De-Chou said:
Yep. They do. Its exactly as you imagine it.

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:

I get that all the time, i also get

"my friend sent me in to buy cigarettes, what do most people smoke"
OR
"what milligram are x cigarettes" me: "they took off the mg's over a year ago", them: "Did they?"

One customer even asked why, so i told them "all cigarretes are deadly", she responded with "well i want to know which ones won't"

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
One customer even asked why, so i told them "all cigarretes are deadly", she responded with "well i want to know which ones won't"
Oh man.

:pain:

Evilo

HSC
oh i agree, like it pissed me off that they would ask a stupid question like that. like if they want to smoke that their problem but ffs i dont care about your addiction.

CieL

HSC
wuddie said:
the last time i checked, a couple means two.

i hate it when i get dumb check out chicks.
I'm sorry, thank god not everyone is like you.

You've got to ask become some dumb shits say "a couple", but actually want three or four, or even one in some cases.
Also, in my example, if they knew a couple equated to two, they wouldn't of had to think for so fucking long.

Evilo said:
"what milligram are x cigarettes" me: "they took off the mg's over a year ago", them: "Did they?"
lol they took mgs off about 3 years ago I think.
Aren't you required to know how many mgs each deck is?
I do, and make sure my staff do, makes like much easier.. esp when you get people asking all the time, or people that just say "16s winfield 25s" or something.

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:
You've got to ask become some dumb shits say "a couple", but actually want three or four, or even one in some cases.
Oh i agree, i'm not lugging 4 cases of beer to the front desk just because their version of 'a couple' and mine is different.

I've now learnt that when they come to the counter and say "my husband wants a case of x" - i bill them without getting it from the coolroom, because a good 30% of times they call the husband just to make sure/cant accept the price/or ask "what are your other specials" etc. meaning you have to hike that case back.

CieL said:
lol they took mgs off about 3 years ago I think.
Aren't you required to know how many mgs each deck is?
Nah, not at my store. I reckon if you're a regular smoker you should probably know by now.But it just shocks me that they are so suprised when i say they've been taken off over a year ago. I mean WTF! You've had this packet in your pocket for a good 20 years, you wouldn't think to at least read the packet once?
CieL said:
I do, and make sure my staff do, makes like much easier.. esp when you get people asking all the time, or people that just say "16s winfield 25s" or something.
fair enough, i personally don't care. Smokers can die for all i care. They lean over the counter and their fucking disgusting breath just chokes me. tbh (for me) smoking is the ultimate turnoff with hot chicks.

They also have a fucking whinge about how expensive cigarettes are. And don't get me started on that one....
/rant

J

jhakka

Am I the only one who realises that "Closed" means "Please leave because we want to lock the doors"? We had this woman last night shopping for 25 minutes after we officially closed. ARGH!

Evilo

HSC
jhakka said:
Am I the only one who realises that "Closed" means "Please leave because we want to lock the doors"? We had this woman last night shopping for 25 minutes after we officially closed. ARGH!
You don’t ask her to leave? cos i tell them, "we are now closed, i’m going to ask you to leave the store". If they argue, i say "look im not arguing with you, you have received sufficient warning, i'm going to call security". (Then i slowly walk to the counter, to give them enough time to 'waddle' out the store.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
We weren't allowed to tell people we were closing in my old job. My boss yelled at us for doing it a couple times.

it sucked because we didn't get paid for the 15 mins early we showed up to cash in, or the 15 after hours to cash up, and we definitely didn't get paid if we had to stay because of customers.

Evilo

HSC
well if he yells at you, i'd yell back. If hes going to play smartass and say you have to stay back (beyond the 10 minutes), then you're going to start charging him for every 15min it takes for customers to leave the store.

I used to be nice, but now i know how 'retail' stuffs you around.

EDIT - I ended up having this argument with the manager "10 minutes is fine, but after that, i'm out of here. I've worked to the best of my ability (which is true) for the hours specified, and you and i know staying 'till half past without pay is unfair". He shut up, paid me the half hour, and said that from then on he would start my shifts at quarter past, so they would end, 15 minutes after closing time. problem solved

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Evilo said:
You don’t ask her to leave? cos i tell them, "we are now closed, i’m going to ask you to leave the store". If they argue, i say "look im not arguing with you, you have received sufficient warning, i'm going to call security". (Then i slowly walk to the counter, to give them enough time to 'waddle' out the store.
She was with our CSM at the time, so I figured he'd take care of it. Plus, it was a potential $300 sale, so he was more inclined to let it go.

Bright side: Didn't have enough time for recovery. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)