Rules regarding P1 License (1 Viewer)

scibo

HSC
anything that needs a engineers cert. is banned for P1 drivers under the new laws :(

but as DaddyK said they cant get you for internals etc as they cant see/know whats been done ;)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
petar13 said:
Any ECU reprogramming focuses on mainly two things - ignition maps, and fuel maps. Looking at it in the most basic fashion, ignition timing is advanced, in keeping with the constant use of 98 octane, to prevent detonation. That's all you can do through the ECU. Cars that are already made to run on good fuel (~92) don't experience more than a 5% (10% max.) gain.

30% is in the realm of turbo charging. That's all I meant.
I'm a bit n00b on this, but what is involved in changing the "shift points"? I hear my cousins all talk about how they modify it.. but don't really know what it means.

As for the Insurance ppl... aren't they able to investigate the crash stuff?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Sorry for taking a while - I haven't been here the past few days. Could you just define what you mean by shift points? Are you referring to the ignition/fuel, which I mentioned, or is this about (auto) transmission shift points?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it was referring to the transmission- I figured it was like the point at which the auto transmission changes gears?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)