RUN in between classes on opp sides of campus?! (1 Viewer)

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
that wasn't very nice of the guy to give you a filthy look... some people these days so mean :burn: supposed to be friendly and welcoming.... i had my faculty welcoming today... everyone was super active and welcoming.. yet i felt intimidated somehow >_< i'm in faculty of edu and social work.... not much of a big talker with strangers >_<

going to have a fair bit of exercise next week... i can feel it... and then week after with heavy loads of textbooks... yikes

Last edited:

Shaking Paper

HSC
Mm, I was at the O-week shebang today and will be there tomorrow and feel so uncomfortable and have barely spoken to anyone, don't know anyone there either.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
There was one chem lecture where nit, another friend and I walked out after 5 min since it was boring, went to Wentworth and found out nobody was there, and came back into the lecture 20 min late. Nobody even looked at us.

lozzie17

HSC
When the people at the o-week stalls came up to me and bombarded me with material, I was like eek how do I tell them no! Maybe we should make our own group "retarded 1st years with no idea, wanting to try and limit the occassions on which we look foolish" ha ha - oh well at least I know i'm not the only one. Jolie, what did they talk about at the course intro things, were they useful?

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
lol retarded 1st years with no idea... nice one ;) yeah i was the same... my friend and i practically walked in the middle of the road just to avoid them first thing in the morning today >_< ahh abit rude of us though...

the faculty welcome?? you didn't miss much... they were making such a big deal out of the 'duck' metaphor -___-"" i'm going to have duck nightmares tonight... they didn't tell us anything about the course besides giving us tips which we all know already i guess... lol

what faculty are you in lozzie??

oh yeah they made us sing the faculty song or something... it had nooo tune whatsoever -__-"""

Collin

HSC
N/A
o0_jolie_0o said:
Is that even possible?? :confused:
Erm.. it's entirely possible to traverse ~10km in 0 minutes. ;)

lozzie17 said:
The lecturers won't do anything to embarass you if you walk in late though will they?
Some make you strip nekkid and dance. :eek:

lozzie17

HSC
Haha Duck metaphor? Fun . . . .
Thanks Collin . . I knew someone would write something truly out there haha but Im serious . . like Im hoping they don't call out . . or stop talking or something. . .

Collin

HSC
N/A
If you're really late, some lecturers abruptly halt/slow lecture talk for a short period while you find your place. Not common though, from my experiences. Once I do recall a few guys really late, and the lecturer verbally hurried them up to get a seat. If you're going into a big lecture room, I'd be more wary of the student audience staring at you (especially if you're really hawt).. generally the lecturers don't give that much of a crap (they still get paid whether you attend or not, right?). ;)

In alot of situations though, you can usually enter a lecturer room (such as Wallace Theatre) from the rear, attracting minimal attention from other students and the lecturer.

lozzie17

HSC
Ha thanks for the tips Collin. Yeah I am not looking foward to the judgemental stares from other people in the lecture! Esp. seeings that I have to do the 'late entry' thing 4 times over 4 days lol . . but a lot of people are in the same situation so I'm sure it will be all good - so long as i don't make an ass of myself and like trip or anything - oh but if we are late we will have to like climb over people to get spare seats - seen other people doing that, they always get odd looks from others ahha . . It'll be fine! hopefully . . ha

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
coulda said:
Okay sorry this is a really dumb question but I got my timetable today and it turns out that there are a number of times where i have classes right after the other, but they are on pretty opposite sides of the campus (or just far away from one another)...e.g. I have to get from Wallace Theatre all the way to the Carslaw or the Carslaw to the Education building etc etc...
so do classes end like 5 mins early or something for people to get to their next class? and well i have to get from the Carslaw building to Education building for a law seminar (which are very important)...so um obviously hopefully you wont miss that much if you're late a bit?!! *worried*
do lots of ppl do this? they have to like RUUUUUN to their next class?!
Carslaw to Wallace is nothing. Until you have consecutive classes in aeronautical and Wallace you shout stop bitching.

lozzie17

HSC
withoutaface said:
Carslaw to Wallace is nothing. Until you have consecutive classes in aeronautical and Wallace you shout stop bitching.
Thats just wrong to make someone do that! Although, I'm wondering does all of this just look really far on the map but in reality, it's not so bad? How long did it take you to do that withoutaface?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I have a Bosch after a Carslaw lecture. Damn consecutives

How the heck am I supposed to get from Carslaw ---> Bosch in under 10min?

lozzie17

HSC
Walk really fast . . . or run?? I think we will stop caring about it after the first week.

kcchippy

HSC
Yeah i'm sure we will..I mean..with by year 12...being late or there at all didn't matter too much....I'm sure uni is even more relaxed...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lozzie17 said:
Thats just wrong to make someone do that! Although, I'm wondering does all of this just look really far on the map but in reality, it's not so bad? How long did it take you to do that withoutaface?
Can be covered in 10-15 mins with a brisk walk.

EDIT: Unless you're fat, like clobert.

Last edited:

jane_86

HSC
god the class of 2005 is a bunch of whingers & worrywarts

so u might have to walk a bit faster and miss out on a couple of minutes of a few lectures- big fukcing deal.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
ameh said:
How the heck am I supposed to get from Carslaw ---> Bosch in under 10min?
You don't. Take it slowly.

I got Bosch (pharmacology) after Carslaw (maths) as well. Can't be bothered to walk fast enough to get there on time. That is if I attend maths beforehand.

coulda

HSC
jane_86 said:
god the class of 2005 is a bunch of whingers & worrywarts

so u might have to walk a bit faster and miss out on a couple of minutes of a few lectures- big fukcing deal.
why, thank you =)

you cant blame first-years for worrying because we're just about to make the transition from high school to uni, which is nevertheless different in the least...and you were a first-year once, and so are many other people..and maybe you didnt "whinge and worry" but other people do and its perfectly NORMAL

niteshade1312

HSC
jhakka said:
David Braddon-Mitchell (Reality, Ethics and Beauty lecturer) closes the doors when he starts the lecture, and will make a big deal about letting people in. Funny bastard, though.
Oh NO!!!! I think for memory I have to run to one of those Philo lectures..!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
Oh NO!!!! I think for memory I have to run to one of those Philo lectures..!
Don't worry about it too much, just be really discreet when you come into the lecture.

He doesn't close the doors because he hates people coming in late, he does it because he doesn't use any artificial amplification and just talks loudly, so the acoustics in Wallace are such that this is more effective if the back doors are closed and he doesn't have to compete with the noise of Science Road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)