Running gaming consoles through tv tuner (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
I'm getting a new laptop soon (Duo 2.2, 4gb ram etc) and ive read it has a built in (not usb) Tv tuner. Considering im also getting a 22" lcd to go with the lappy, i thought it could be cool to have the old Nintendo 64 in the dorm room. Some people say there will be a 1 second delay (due to processing speed), others say the opposite. Whats your take on this? have you got a similar setup? Obviously n64 has 3 RCA cords, the sound would stream through my external hi fi system.
Comments appreciated.
Cheers all.

PS - considering im buying all this stuff, im thinking on the cheap for the 64. Am i dreaming? or could it actually work?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
i once hooked up my ps1 to my pc using tv tuner and from what i remember it was working all good. But it didnt look as good on the pc monitor but still did the job.

Smart Alec

HSC
wouldnt it be easier to get a rca to vga converter, bypassing the laptop? im think they exist but im not totally sure.

Evilo

HSC
Smart Alec said:
wouldnt it be easier to get a rca to vga converter, bypassing the laptop? im think they exist but im not totally sure.
from what ive seen they cost like $100. trying to do this one on the cheap side...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)