Rural Bonus Points Scheme (1 Viewer)

LowerJupiter

HSC
So with the Rural bonus points scheme you get 5 bonus points if you live in certain areas which i do cause somehow dural is rural... anyway i was wondering how the university actually knows this? Is it through your UAC application? Also would my bomus points from EAS be added to onto the 5 bonus? I have emailed the University they are just alittle slow to reply and i just wanted to make sure early. Thanks for any help.​

michaeljennings

HSC
So with the Rural bonus points scheme you get 5 bonus points if you live in certain areas which i do cause somehow dural is rural... anyway i was wondering how the university actually knows this? Is it through your UAC application? Also would my bomus points from EAS be added to onto the 5 bonus? I have emailed the University they are just alittle slow to reply and i just wanted to make sure early. Thanks for any help.​
WHAT lol they consider dural as rural?!?! haha i used to live there

Fake-Name

HSC
Wow, just typed in my postcode, South West Sydney, and I get an extra 5 'Rural bonus points'.

It states that the scheme can be used on any undergraduate degree, however I know from research that some schemes (i.e Academic Advantage Scheme: http://www.mq.edu.au/future_students/undergraduate/bonus_points/academic_advantage/ ) excludes certain decrees. So no decrees are excluded from the Rural bonus scheme? and how do I claim my 5 bonus points? I want them now! :p

Rep to you lowerJupiter, I would have ignored that thinking I'm not eligible since I'm not rural at all...

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Wow, just typed in my postcode, South West Sydney, and I get an extra 5 'Rural bonus points'.

It states that the scheme can be used on any undergraduate degree, however I know from research that some schemes (i.e Academic Advantage Scheme: http://www.mq.edu.au/future_students/undergraduate/bonus_points/academic_advantage/ ) excludes certain decrees. So no decrees are excluded from the Rural bonus scheme? and how do I claim my 5 bonus points? I want them now! :p

Rep to you lowerJupiter, I would have ignored that thinking I'm not eligible since I'm not rural at all...
According to this page: http://mq.edu.au/future_students/undergraduate/bonus_points/rural_bonus_scheme/ The scheme can be applied to all degrees which you applied for through UAC.

I can't believe Dural students are getting points for this though, I am further than that from the university and I didn't get any points.

michaeljennings

HSC
I can't believe Dural students are getting points for this though, I am further than that from the university and I didn't get any points.
Yeah lol I cant believe it either, I thought 'rural' was just any place that is a mile away that makes it difficult to get to the university. Dural isnt even that far away from places like castle hill and its not full of farms and huge blocks of land like 10 years ago!

dudsmlc

HSC
I live in Berowra and I am eligible. No complaints from my end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)