• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Russia 'goes to war' with Georgia (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
My money on America, going to another war and destroying the whole place.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
peace be upon you

georgians are pretty hardcore
yeah, all their bitching sure convinced me :rofl:

banco55

HSC
HNAKXR said:
Source: BBC

Georgia is so fucked. :rofl:
They are very much "paper" figures. Russia's military is a mess. Anyone with an IQ above 100 has left the officer corps and the ones left are mostly incompetents and/or drunks. Plus they have much longer lines of communication and supply then the Georgians.

I'm certainly not saying that the Georgians will win but they won't be a pushover either. They are actually pretty well equipped and they've had a lot of training from the British and the Americans.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Who is in the 'right' here anyway?

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
They are very much "paper" figures. Russia's military is a mess. Anyone with an IQ above 100 has left the officer corps and the ones left are mostly incompetents and/or drunks. Plus they have much longer lines of communication and supply then the Georgians.

I'm certainly not saying that the Georgians will win but they won't be a pushover either. They are actually pretty well equipped and they've had a lot of training from the British and the Americans.
true
but never underestimate the power of idiots with big guns :)

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
Georgia says its forces have withdrawn from the separatist enclave of South Ossetia, and that Russian troops are now in control of the regional capital.
update

jewoneimon

HSC
sooner or later Georgia, Russia or the damned americans are gonna do something stupid.. eg. a dumb grunt goes shooting wrong person such as civilian. then we gonna have another Vietnam/Afghanistan/Iraq in our hands.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
jewoneimon said:
sooner or later Georgia, Russia or the damned americans are gonna do something stupid.. eg. a dumb grunt goes shooting wrong person such as civilian. then we gonna have another Vietnam/Afghanistan/Iraq in our hands.
Civilians have already been killed.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
What is 'right', Socrates.
it would be right of you to drink hemlock

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
jb_nc said:
it would be right of you to drink hemlock
You probably wouldn't need to drink it. Just chewing the leaves for a few seconds would likely be sufficient to cause total autonomic nervous system shut-down.

I have some growing in my backyard if you want. Also have datura, oleander, and foxglove.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Snaykew said:
The PRC doesn't have troops in the RoC smart guy. But if you are asking most of the population to get out of the RoC, I would say that won't happen as most of the population in Taiwan is Chinese as are the government. :)
I was referring to the high degree of agression from China towards Taiwan which was occurring earlier this decade, and will occur again if Taiwanese government becomes less sympathetic to China.

Also, most of the population of Ukraine is 'Russian', as are the government. Does this mean it belongs to Russia? What a retarded argument, honestly. Are ethnic boundaries how we decide countries now?

I'm more inclined by the fact that, you know, Taiwan has been an independent country for about 60 years now, and is an elected democracy.

China says "We want all Chinese ethnicities to be part of China!", Taiwan says "We are fine as we are, but thanks", China says "No! Join us or we'll invade.", Taiwan says "Um... ok... we'll think about it."

At least China's recently made a slight move lately towards less military posturing and more towards economic cohesion, but that's likely only because the KMT is currently in power in Taiwan.

China will invade if Taiwan moves towards independence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-secession_law

Of course, it's only gone on this long because Taiwan is a strong military power, especially if forced to defend (whilst there would no doubt be quite a bit of civil uproar in mainland China). The outcome of an invasion would not be clear for China (especially if Japan or the US got involved), which is likely why they are pursuing propaganda and economic means towards unity.

Last edited:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
I was referring to the high degree of agression from China towards Taiwan which was occurring earlier this decade, and will occur again if Taiwanese government becomes less sympathetic to China.

Also, most of the population of Ukraine is 'Russian', as are the government. Does this mean it belongs to Russia? What a retarded argument, honestly. Are ethnic boundaries how we decide countries now?
Yeh, I was only offering that scenario as an alternative from the first one I made which was there was no PRC in Taiwan. Sure, there's pressure from PRC like there's influence by the USA in shitloads of countries. You think the PRC is the only country that exerts influence over other countries? Haha.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Oh, which countries is America trying to annexe?

Yay, another retard trying to use the "It's OK because America does it!" line. :rolleyes:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Slidey said:
Yay, another retard trying to use the "It's OK because America does it!" line. :rolleyes:
It's not Okay. But if we selectively criticise nations and employ double standards, we make ourselves out to be hypocrites. Hypocrisy is shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)