Russia/Soviet Union Question (1 Viewer)

jasonmatthew

HSC
How did you find the Russia question. I thought this was the harder bit out of the other questions. The questions were:

(a) How significant was military victory in the Civil War for the Bolshevik consolidation of power in the period up to 1924? (25 Marks)

OR

(b) Evaluate the view that Stalinism produced positive changes for Soviet society. (25 marks)

Thanks

HSC
I did the Stalinism question. I had prepared more on Soviet Foreign Policy, but this question was still really easy to answer. I was actually surprised at how simple it was.

Mazxoxo

HSC
I was amazed at how easy the Stalinism question was, I thought they'd try to trick us for sure....I'm glad I was wrong!

Princesa

HSC
i did the civil war question. i pretty much wrote that while the civil war was a significant aspect of eth bolsh. consolidation of power, it was not the most significant or decisive. i wrote briefly about the 1917 revolution, dismissal of the constituent assembly, war communism and the NEP. Then i went into an in-depth discussion about the significance of eth civil war and backed it up with quotes:

- it reduced dissent and opposition (whites where tsarist)
- bolsh. gained supporters (mainly peasantry who felt that the bolsh. were 'defenders of Russia')
- est. the bolsheviks as a legitimate authority (mainly through force and the red army, ie. war communism)

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
Yeah, i did Civil War too...pretty much wrote about the same thing...elimination of opposition (whites), bolsheviks gaining support, and threw in war communism and how the red army became an effective fighting force because of the civil war victory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)