:S Need help on my Year 12 subject selections. (1 Viewer)

runnable

HSC
ive got a real problem choosing my subjects to go into Year 12.

My current subjects are (13 units total)
Eng Adv (english is not ranked in our school, but in top 25%)
Maths Ext 1 (10th)
Biology (1st)
Bus Studies (1st)
Economics (2nd)
Physics (1st)

my school is ranked in top 50 NSW

I am thinking of doing Ext 2 Maths but im afraid that it would take up a lot of my time from my other subjects. So i was wondering what are your thoughts on that.

Also, i was also thinking of dropping Business Studies as i heard its scaling is not really good, and its not really worth the effort of doing it. Dropping it will give me a lot more time with my other subjects. Im doing well in bus studies atm but so am i in other subjects, so business is not really going to be in my top 10 units, thus is there point in doing it?

So, i would like some help pls :p:confused:

(p.s ive posted on the general discussion boards, but i thought here might be a better place :))

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you never drop a subject based on its scaling factors. If you do well in it, then you wont get dragged down.
Youre coming 1st in business studies, so that tells me youre pretty competent in that subject.
what do you want to do in uni? If its commerce/business etc, then keep business studies. Only drop a subject if you dont like it or is the only subject that youre doing worst and hinders your study from the rest of your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)