• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

S-S-S-Summer Session [School] at UWS??? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
Unless in special circumstances. My Internatioanl friend is doing some cores as he has a contract with a job offer in that he has to start work next year but he still has 4 subs left so he asked the coordinaters to allow him in this special circumstance.
But generally, yes you are not allowed to do cores at another institution unless it was done before you entered the degree and got credit or in special circumstances.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Jonathan A said:
Some cores can be done during the break. The Law School does not offer them for the LLB unless you want to do Revenue Law or a later core. If you do business, the Introduction to Business Law unit is generally offered.
hey do u know wat units are offered in summer for the school of law?

L

LaraB

theone123 said:
hey do u know wat units are offered in summer for the school of law?
have a look at teh law school page - go thru the webct link

there's a icon that links to a document you can d/l of (unconfirmed) proposed summer school units

Kally17

HSC
From what I've heard, you can do as many summer session units as you want providing they are available. But because summer session is a shortened session, it is hard to fit more than 2 subjects in the time available anyway and they are an upfront payment as well. Each year there are different units available so it's hard to say what will be available. The website is going to have info on October 17th.

klh

HSC
you mean that becuase its shortened, there are less times so some times may clash? if not, i dont understand what you mean...
yep, i think we know its full fee and not commonwelath supported as with other summer schools like CQU and Sydney.
Does anyone else know of any other summer schools?
11 more days know, i hope i can get some units form this...
last year summe runits were only for health science students so im quite excited if uws will open more units for study.

melodic_gal

HSC
klh said:
sorry...here it islink this is the international campus @ sydney so yeah...
btw, its full fee, not government subsidise hecs oh wait i mean c'wealth supported place, so you have to pay upfront like the rest of them. my friend said tha tit was a little cheaper than uws full fee. i saw his notice....7 grand per semester, ouch eh?

there there cape, by the way things look, i doubt not many subjects that i want to enrol in run. i think they run the foundation ones of those ones that operate in 2 semesters as tehyll get the most students. i dunno though, but witht he financila situation of uws in doubt, its a bit of a pickle...

id love work exp. 400 hrs? cool lol

edit: UWS max enrolment in Summer School is like 2 subjeects though...or form what ive heard anyway.
wow get a load of the fees! don't think i can afford it

klh

HSC
thats why ive been asking around if hecs i mean csp students get to also apply fro fee help for certain semesters. havent got a stright answer yet.

L

LaraB

klh said:
thats why ive been asking around if hecs i mean csp students get to also apply fro fee help for certain semesters. havent got a stright answer yet.

from teh way i understand what i was told, everything is fees straight up...

far as doing multiple units - from what i was told, corequisites eg ADR and Mediation are programmed to allow you to undertake both... espec since they don't have exams or assignments... and they only run for like, 10 days each...

but it was suggested to me that if you're doing a unit that if done in autumn/sping would have assessments and an exams, even if the times don't clash they don't suggest you do more than one anyway coz of the workload... i mean... you gotta fit in readings for 13 weeks into maybe 4 at most... its too hectic.... unless its stuff like ADR and MEdiation where there's few set readings, its all participation and role plays and stuff

klh

HSC
it seems that ony a select type of units will be chosen, lke you said, ones that seem to hav eless readings and so fit witht he workload.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
question..if i fail a subject eg. Core or elective..what happens next year? do i have to do summer skool, and yea i looked on it and i see no management subjects, im doin Business Management, so yea what do i do..do i pick up the same subject next year? anyone know?

L

LaraB

Led-Zep said:
question..if i fail a subject eg. Core or elective..what happens next year? do i have to do summer skool, and yea i looked on it and i see no management subjects, im doin Business Management, so yea what do i do..do i pick up the same subject next year? anyone know?
as far as what units are offered - you an either email the school head or wait til the info appears in your mail with enrolment info stuff:)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ok so would i have to repeat that unit if it was a core subject? but if it were an elective then do i just pick upanother unit along the track?..im askin this cause i got one core unit that im only 1 mark off passing and another elective that i aint sure if im passin or not..

L

LaraB

Led-Zep said:
ok so would i have to repeat that unit if it was a core subject? but if it were an elective then do i just pick upanother unit along the track?..im askin this cause i got one core unit that im only 1 mark off passing and another elective that i aint sure if im passin or not..
there is also the option of taking a conceeded pass if you really don't wanna do another unit/repeat a unit...

athough make sure you check with youre school head to make sure which units you can and can't do this in..

klh

HSC
i've heard that CP's [conceded passes] are being run out unless you have an extreme circumstance for it ti be used...my friend could not get a CP last semester even though he got like 49 and only needed another mark. So CP's are not to be relied, to my knowledge.

But yes, if its a core, you must take that unit again so that you satisfy the course, if its an elective, then you are able to choose another unit to take place of one of oyur electives.
Btw, you will most likely pass, failing is quite hard to do imo, i mean you have to not show up to tutes/lects and not attempt any assignments.

good luck in your exams!

L

LaraB

klh said:
i've heard that CP's [conceded passes] are being run out unless you have an extreme circumstance for it ti be used...my friend could not get a CP last semester even though he got like 49 and only needed another mark. So CP's are not to be relied, to my knowledge.

But yes, if its a core, you must take that unit again so that you satisfy the course, if its an elective, then you are able to choose another unit to take place of one of oyur electives.
Btw, you will most likely pass, failing is quite hard to do imo, i mean you have to not show up to tutes/lects and not attempt any assignments.

good luck in your exams!
yeah i heard that too.. but since there's been no notice on webct or studentmail or anything saying they're gone it's worth a try still if it gets to that stage coz they can't get rid of it w/o telling us:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)