Saddam sentenced to death (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
the death of saddam isnt a cause to say that the war was just nor is it a cause to say that the West had a right to enter iraq.

The ends doesnt justify the means

especially since:

many lives were lost in bringing him to justice- and his capture brought about and end but started up many others

the sentence was also very quick and questionable

there was no justice to the kurds in that other people involved in their massacre will never be exposed- there was supposed to be a separate trial for this case but that didnt happen - and Cilve williams says that it questions whether saddam was silenced from exposing his connections with the USA and some european interests over the matter

and above all else it prevents historians from getting his side of the story "HIS_STORY" has been lost!

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Evergreen said:
it says he died immediately.. why would u want to see footage though..unless u have no emotion at all.
yes tru that

we shouldnt crave death sentences or executions to satisfy our bloodlust,

if one thinks that the death sentence is necessary

then he should do it for one's love of justice and nothing else

turtleface

HSC
They just showed the death on satellite news television too

I'm quite disturbed. Must of felt good to some to kill an old man and tape it and broadcast it around the world.

I won't pretend to guess what atrocities he has or hasn't committed but this just seems the wrong way to me.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Yes it feels good to kill a tyrant who killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. Yes revenge is a Sweet dish and best served cold. Who's next?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Calling someone uninformed yet you don't even know what an argentinian is bwa ha ha.
Here's a definition for you,
Noun 1. Argentinian - a native or inhabitant of Argentina
Argentina, Argentine Republic, the Argentine - a republic in southern South America; second largest country in South America
South American - a native or inhabitant of South America
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Argentinian

Argentinian

• noun a person from Argentina.

• adjective relating to Argentina.
From oxford dictionary.

Stop hating me so much just because I repeatedly exposed your ignorance. :rofl:

turtleface

HSC
they were recapping it on the asian news. I don't know what he's done in the past but when you see his face about to go into the noose, you have to feel some sympathy/disgust at what is happening, no matter who he is

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Yes it feels good to kill a tyrant who killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. Yes revenge is a Sweet dish and best served cold. Who's next?
as previously suggested how about bush, cheney and rumsfeld

i wouldnt mind sharon being thrown amongst them either

Aryanbeauty

HSC

All you need is proof that they gave direct orders for the killing of innocent people. Until then keep wishing, who knows? They may be executed when Osama became the Caliph of the Islamic empire of the world!

HSC
N/A
I can understand why they taped the execution, I understand why they might want to show it around the world.

I don't like it though. Not a bit. (that covers his execution, too - but then again I just don't feel that ANYONE, Suddam Hussein or otherwise, should have the right to take another person's life. If we think hard enough, we can create justifications for anything... where is the line drawn?)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Obviously. The idea of having a death penalty's not going to discourage dictators like saddam, and it certainly doesn't rehabilitate them, hence it's retributive justice and therefore pointless.

onebytwo said:

Except 90% of Iraqi dead were killed by the insurgent jihadists, not the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
All you need is proof that they gave direct orders for the killing of innocent people. Until then keep wishing, who knows? They may be executed when Osama became the Caliph of the Islamic empire of the world!
for sharon....the qibya massacre

as for the other devils.....Iraq

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Aryanbeauty

HSC
onebytwo said:
for sharon....the qibya massacre

as for the other devils.....Iraq
Any evidence of Sharon giving orders to kill innocent civlians, or Bush/Cheney giving orders to kill innocent civilians? Or are you going to tell us Bush orders the invasion of Iraq therefore he is criminally responsible for the killing of 50 iraqis today by suicide bombers in Iraq? :rofl:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Any evidence of Sharon giving orders to kill innocent civlians, or Bush/Cheney giving orders to kill innocent civilians? Or are you going to tell us Bush orders the invasion of Iraq therefore he is criminally responsible for the killing of 50 iraqis today by suicide bombers in Iraq? :rofl:
here's the facts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qibya_massacre#The_attack

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
In regards to this execution, i find it fairly disturbing that Saddam Hussein is being killed for really doing the handywork of the U.S (that is, killing the anti-U.S Shia's of Iran), especially so when he did that using american given weapons and funds. (not that i support Saddam Hussein though)

I also heard from the news that they sped up the execution so that there wouldn't be any further hearings in the trial which would've mentioned America's support for Saddam Hussein in terms of weapons, funds and support.

Kinda unfair, dont you think?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Well...he did cause the politically unstable warzone that is iraq.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)