Saddam sentenced to death (1 Viewer)

volition

arr.
HSC
So Exphate, you agree with the death penalty? And for what reasons if I may ask?

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
How to die?

Shot?
Poison?
Hung?
Decapitated?
Electrocuted?
Burnt?
Frozen?
Beaten to death by crazy Iraqi women?
Thrown into pit of venomous centipedes?

HSC
N/A
Gah

I'm against the death penalty in general. Yes, even if they did kill a hell of a lot of people.

But if sentenced to Life Imprisonment, I can just imagine the amount of people working really hard to get him out. He'd need to be placed in total isolation, or something. FOREVER. eek. Even then you'd always be worried someone would sneak him out.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
How to die?

Shot?
Poison?
Hung?
Decapitated?
Electrocuted?
Burnt?
Frozen?
Beaten to death by crazy Iraqi women?
Thrown into pit of venomous centipedes?
He's going to be hung.

After at least a year of appeals, probably.

Last edited:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I'm usually against the death penalty but it's Saddam Hussein... he deserves it. Hope its painful.

gerhard

HSC
if you're usually against the death penalty but arent in this instance then you werent really against the death penalty in the first place

Last edited:

P_Dilemma

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
I'm usually against the death penalty but it's Saddam Hussein... he deserves it. Hope its painful.
There's an ancient chinese execution method called "death bu 1000 cuts". Then you can give it a modern twist by boiling him in salt water after you've cut him.

Or maybe one cut per victim of his regime? THat'd come to 999,999,999,999......

-P_D

DsDeMoN

HSC
Death seems like an easy way out.

For the deaths of thousands of people... it should be nice and painful. There's no way to feel regret unless he is solitary confinement.
Spose theres always torture..

Through capital punishment the state becomes a killer.
Which is better than torture.. makes the state a gay dungeoun master.

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Lets apply their post in a different context. Could you not be anti-abortion, but agree with it in exceptional circumstances (such as rape)?
In that case you would not be anti-abortion, since you'd support the "murder" of the child if the mother was raped.

Ussia

HSC
Ok the moral says its wrong to kill another or hurt others

A religous side. "thou shall not kill "

A man kills a another they go to jail
A man kills 20 hes classed as insane
A man kills 200000 people they arrange for peace talks ...

This man was a leader , in a postion of control, He broke international crimes "genocide" he used force to control a broken corrupt country "invasion"
Secondly I believe that his actions out balance these moral and religous aspects so

he should choke until his lungs grasp for air, his mouth froths for oxgen and hes brain and eyes bleed until he lifeless body is there for all to see.

There court system might be fucked yet under the pressure of so many views and leaders etc... He will Die , Life imprisonment , will not settle the minds of the million of familes he has runied, No moral ...Pfft Theres No justice if he lives .. Those who say he should life its wrong to kill...You should really conisder the families and justice which MUST be considered ...

P.s Im usually against the DP but in this case ..i cant agree..

HSC
maybe i'm just a hippie, but i don't believe in the death penalty for anyone, not even saddam hussein.

firstly, even though he killed a fuckload of people, what right does the government have to do the same to him? and secondly, i think it'd be far worse for him, as someone who used to dictate an entire effing country, to be confined to a shitty miserable little cell for the rest of his life with no hope of release.

banco55

HSC
The israelis hung eichmann and he's the only one they've ever executed (leaving aside assasinations of hamas leaders etc.)

P_Dilemma

HSC
katietheskatie said:
maybe i'm just a hippie, but i don't believe in the death penalty for anyone, not even saddam hussein.

firstly, even though he killed a fuckload of people, what right does the government have to do the same to him? and secondly, i think it'd be far worse for him, as someone who used to dictate an entire effing country, to be confined to a shitty miserable little cell for the rest of his life with no hope of release.
Kinda sound like gandalf: "Yes there are those that deserve death. There are also those that deserve life, but can you give it to them? No? Then don't go about dealing death so easily!"

Well, something along those lines...

-P_D

gerhard

HSC
Believing in the death penalty for all people who attempt genocide and kill thousands but not for all people who murder a small number/import hard drugs still means you believe in the death penalty.

It just means that you agree with the death penalty, but only in circumstances stricter than its current use. You dont think the punishment fits the crime in the majority of circumstances.

A person who doesnt believe in the death penalty would believe that no such crime exists in which a fit punishment would be death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)