Salaries for Accountants.. info please? (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
Ok guys, I know this is a greedy kinda of a question but after reading what plumbers get after there apprenticeship i'm curious as to how graduate accountants+ CA/CPA accountants compare..

Lets take 2 examples..
One guy , like myself with a pass average gets himself into a mid-tier firm. How much would i expect to get? And approximately how long will it take for them to shove me into the CA/CPA programme?

Another guy, a high flyer D/HD average has each of the big 4 at his mercy. How much would he expect to get? Will he/she be fasttracked into CA? Or will the time period be the same as someone in a mid-tier.

And lastly, what kind of pay does expect after getting a CA/CPA? Exactly how much is the qualification worth? I know of a family friend who failed tax units twice and she has gone on to London where she is earning close to 40pounds/hour. How typical is this scenario? Is it common to see lets say 27-35yr old accountants getting 85k+ year?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
pass average in accounting is just retarded.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Is it common to see lets say 27-35yr old accountants getting 85k+ year?
Yes. Most partners in the big4 would have been inducted before 35 years of age.

But if you're only managing a pass average (I hope at least you're at a hard uni) then the CA may be a challenge for you given the content is harder and you'll be working whilst studying.

Mid-tier will pay more than big4 to start with but then level out much faster.

Monstar

HSC
Yeah i only recently realised how shit im going.. thats why i've decided to pull my head in and start doing some real work.

Azamakumar said:
Let me handle my business, damn.
Nice .. a Jay and boondocks fan.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)