Sally Morgan- My Place (1 Viewer)

sar

Has anyone else studied this under Changing Self or is my school the only one? I found it really hard to study for in the trials (probably because I don't have an Excel guide for it!!) how did you guys go about it?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yes our school does it (did it, watever)

i suggest u get the excel for it, cos its helpful in providing u some background info to morgan and her family

it was relatively easy to study for, cos i made my supplementary texts link heavily to it

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
There are also some good writeups on the Net on Sally Morgan's background etc etc

Just run a Google on it.

F.O.B.

I got inflicted with My Place too.

Hey what's everyone using for their related texts? ANd would anybody happen to have an entire transcript of Greg Bearup's article for the Good Weekend on Anthony Mundine?

I'd appreciate any help.

lane

I quite like it , simply because it ahs these two interesting layers one of a simple semi autobiography showing messages of cahnge in its undertones and on the other hand it becomes complex and very deep upon closer examination

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Whatever.

This (and I quote from my English teacher) "pedestrian" text seems like it is for standard students (no offence) and not for Advanced students.

lane

I disagree strongly. I believe it is the depth of which the text is analysed otherwise anything can be pedestrian from Emily Dickinson to Oscar Wilde.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
but u have to bear in mind that Change is a common paper for both standard and advanced, so there is no set "advanced" texts and "standard" texts, it depends on wat ur school chooses

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
but u have to bear in mind that Change is a common paper for both standard and advanced, so there is no set "advanced" texts and "standard" texts, it depends on wat ur school chooses
Damn school ...

jayjay

DID you KNOW that MY PLACE is just a mistake that the BOS put on the AOS book list?

It is actually for the area of study called "IDENTITY" that year elevens are doing today.

THAT is the reason why it is so hard to cope with in terms of CHANGE, and it is 1000 times harder than GWEN HARWOOD poems

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by jayjay
DID you KNOW that MY PLACE is just a mistake that the BOS put on the AOS book list?

It is actually for the area of study called "IDENTITY" that year elevens are doing today.

THAT is the reason why it is so hard to cope with in terms of CHANGE, and it is 1000 times harder than GWEN HARWOOD poems
Damn school and BOS ..

Benn

I believe the term "Change" was simply modified from the term, "Identity," which was studied 2 years ago before the new HSC. Something along those lines anyway. Whatever the case, my english teacher spoke about this -

change and identity : they're the same types of study, the BOS just give the study areas new names every three years and changes the focus very minimally. I'm not sure whether "identity" has been used in the past, or if it will be called identity for the year after's year 12... :chainsaw:

Ozz^E

Mate..whered you get that info from. I did 'My place' (and not once either). Its actually pretty easy to cope with in terms of change.

Texts can be seen from more then one angle. It was also in the "Discovery" for the old HSC syallabus but in terms of change...My Place is more then acceptable.

doritosaurus

'My Place' is too hard!!!

i agree that its a 1000 times harder than gwen harwood poetry because the change is not really there! sally doesnt really change at all. she just grows up!

and daisy, arthur and gladys... how do they change???? their attitude about being aboriginal? thats about it.
its too hard to discuss about.

nevertheless, i really like the book!!!:D its just hard to analyse :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)