• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Salsa (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

My dance teacher just called and let me know she's working in King's Cross at 6pm on Thursdays now... which basically means my tap class is off (eek, until when!?!?!) and that I can do the SALSA lesson at MQ!!! :D

Lynny is feeling lazy and can't be bothered finding the details again, can some lovely soul please remind her what time classes are, how much they are and where she should pay for them?

Also... who else is doing the salsa classes again? (I remember MJ and Skittled are going!!!)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I always wanted to do one of those 50's style rock & roll dancing classes, I wish they were doing those at uni. It'd give me a reason to wear one of those skirts with pictures of poodles on them...actually, who needs a reason? I think I'm off to make myself a new skirt.

HSC
N/A
Swing dancing rocks, and ceroc looks frickin' awesome if you're thinking of taking it up (I want to get into ceroc one day).

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I'd actually never heard of ceroc before, but I just Googled it and it looks really interesting too..learn something new every day!

HSC
N/A
Ceroc is sort of a like a modern partner-dancing style. From what I've seen it looks quite swing-ish, but it's versatile enough to be used for a far, far wider range/eras of music. I'd say it's like the "jazz" of the partner dancing world - very versatile, gives the dancers a heck of a lot of creative freedom. Very interesting to watch!

X

xeuyrawp

One of my exs competed as a swing dancer. It's really difficult, especially when you compete against older Americans, and they're whacking into each other to push them out of the circle. Bit insane...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I think classes are supposed to start on the first or second week back... Not sure though!

I dont know whether I'll be able to make it because stupid work wants me on Thursday's which is totally crap, but I'll see :(

Swing dancing looks awesome, I've always wanted to do that! Just need a really strong partner to pick up and flip and spin my fat ass around... Any takers? ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*takes MJ's hand*

*latino heat!*

RIP Eddie Guerrero

HSC
N/A
I'm like, *this* close from enrolling in the salsa class now. For all those interested, it starts 16th of March...

"New for 2006, Learn...Salsa! This 5-week course will introduce you to the ever popular dance style of Salsa. You will learn the basic moves, turns, dips and timing from two professional Salsa dancers! Plus, to show off your newly learnt skills at the completion of the course, we will also be going to a Salsa club!

Learn... Salsa
Day: Thursdays
Time: 7:30-9:00pm (hour lesson plus half-hour practice)
Starting Date: Thursday 16th March 2006
Duration: 5 weeks
Cost: $85 members, $95 non-members

FOR A FREE INTRODUCTORY SALSA LESSON on Thursday 9th March from 7:30-9:00pm, email Kate.Griffith@musr.mq.edu.au to book your spot!"

http://www.musr.mq.edu.au/index.php?p=c4179ad0f5919fe3cd7f84cb7bd2cb0e

I don't want to go alone, though :S Who else is coming?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, let me get back to you soon, I want to do something, just gotta see if i'll have cash to scrounge :D

chocolate_chip

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

This sounds fun, I'm actually thinking of joining, is it too late to enroll? When does enrollment close?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)