SAM...again (1 Viewer)

Keskimo

HSC
I entered more or less my Trial marks in SAM (predicting my eng ext 2 mark) and got 94 - this is waay higher than i was expecting? how realistic is it, really? thanks heaps

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you are realistic about the marks you input into each subject for SAM, then your UAI should be relatively realistic. Don't underestimate the scaling powers of english extension 2. ;)

Raginsheep

HSC
Your trial marks tell you what you got in an internal school assestment. What you get for your HSC marks will be different and so using SAM and trial marks won't give an accurate picture.

Keskimo

HSC
Thanks guys,
Call me a cretin but I don't understand what purpose SAM serves if not to convert 'raw' marks to the scaled marks - how are we supposed to figure the latter out for ourselves? I know they have something to do with your assessment rank and other factors... Is SAM only accurate once you have recieved your HSC marks? Wouldn't you just prefer to wait til the next day (i.e. start partying lol), when your UAI comes out?
Anyway, yet another question: is it possible to get a Mathematics mark in the 60's and get a UAI of 90 or above, provided other subjects are strong? Any comments from those who acheived this would be appreciated.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Keskimo said:
Is SAM only accurate once you have recieved your HSC marks? Wouldn't you just prefer to wait til the next day (i.e. start partying lol), when your UAI comes out?
Yes, it's best to wait until you get your final aligned marks for each subject to put into SAM. Some people can't wait to see what kind of UAI they're looking at (not even wait 1 day).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)