SAM D - Help! (1 Viewer)

sAm,

You know the last yrs hsc Q on evo option? where the scenario was given to us and we had to sa why it wouldve been good for oop ?

now...oop is widely known paradigm and ppl were able to do that..

but sya if they give u a scenario for funtional language, or logic language..what are some of its features i can put down ?

I mean..i kow functional language consist of functions and it puts things in to modules but what are some of the situations where u would use it? like the scenario given in last yrs hsc..

and logic paradigm ?

Also... could you plz send me chp 9 and 4 ??? to my email ? THANK you..( ill pay u later if i have to )..is it possible for me to get it todya ? :)))

James

P.S. Do we have to know a logic or functional language? like LISP ALP ? could they ask u a specific Q on a language ? LISP ALP ?

SamD

HSC
N/A
James,

Check your email now, the chapters keep bouncing.

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
i'm not samd but maybe i can help a little.

i am not quite sure about functional languages but logic based languages could be used to develop expert systems because you can define rules and declare known facts and then simply query your program with questions.

e.g. you could develop a program to help you identify prospective shares 2 buy on the stockmarket. this would normally be done by a stockbroker, the expert your program is modelling.

the logic paradigm is closely linked with the field of artificial intelligence.

i have even played computer games programmed in prolog.

re knowing any specific languages, u will most probably have 2 interpret a section of supllied code and maybe debug it or even write a new code fragment based on the one given.

not all schools/students have access 2 the same languages so it is unrealistic 4 students 2 how 2 program in say Prolog or LISP

SAm I still havn't got it

I've sent you another email with diff emial address..it might be cuz of the hot mail address...

thank you!

SamD

HSC
N/A
James, OK Janine has just sent them.....

Sorry other people for the private conversation.

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
i hope so.

from the trials i've seen this year the samples have been pretty straight forward, to the point where u simply have to rewrite the code supplied with a few minor alterations.

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
i know wot u mean. i have had a look around the NET for some decent info but it is mostly seriously nerdy unmeaningful stuff. but i'm looking at samd's text at the moment and it has some pretty simple examples using APL which should be sufficient for the exam so if u ever get that email, check it out.

del

HSC
N/A
Dr Scheme - http://www.drscheme.org/

It's sorta LISP like. Simple and gives u a basic understanding of how functional programming is done with lists and stuff....

good to do basic exercises...
we did in class factorials, pascals triangle, to the power of n (where n is user defined), length of a list........

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iptteacherssuck
im just worried cuz i saw a q in catholica trial this yr that asked u to write in lisp :(
dunno but looking at this might make some sense... just some code

um... hmm.... well i dont know if it'll make much sense.... but i hope it does

i can't remember if the palindrome one works or not.... i think i have some logic problem in it. if i recall correctly

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)