sample discursives (1 Viewer)

hatterene

HSC
Hello forum!
I hope everyone is having a good day. I am just wondering if anyone knows where to read sample discursive, particularly those that were written for the HSC and trials. This is because my trials are in a month and I am still feeling unconfident about module C. I felt like I browsed through the entire internet and even the resources on this forum, but I cannot find many exemplary pieces of Module C discursive writing.
Thank you! :p

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello 👋

Below are examples of discursive pieces which I believe may help consolidate your Module C competency:

All the best! :D

hatterene

HSC
Attached is not necessarily discursive samples from HSC students, but a good guide nonetheless, with exemplars from various authors on page 12.
I've had a brief read of some of those discursive and I have to say the ideas they explore are amazing 😳😳. Conceptually, I love it, but I don't know if I can achieve that in a 40 minute HSC time frame. Thank you so much!

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
I've had a brief read of some of those discursive and I have to say the ideas they explore are amazing 😳😳. Conceptually, I love it, but I don't know if I can achieve that in a 40 minute HSC time frame. Thank you so much!
Those exemplars aren't meant to mislead you into deducing that that is the standard for HSC exams etc. It's not, they go above and beyond concept wise. Just simply note their anecdotal, engaging narration with a balance of wittiness and seriousness.

Mod C has the 'craft of writing' at its focality, not necessarily your ability to concoct excellent concepts. It's a bonus to cook up a top-notch concept, but this module focuses on the execution of the discursive & adherence to the conventions of the format i.e. anecdotal etc.

Last edited:

hatterene

HSC
Hello 👋

Below are examples of discursive pieces which I believe may help consolidate your Module C competency:

All the best! :D
Wow, these discursives and imaginative are great too. Thank you 💜💜

hatterene

HSC
I currently have a discursive that I have to write that embeds the stylistic features of my module B text (King Henry IV). Do you guys know any appropriate formic or linguistic devices that can be borrowed from Shakespearean plays that can fit well into a discursive. I feel like plays and discursives are, like, two completely different forms :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)