sample essay questions (1 Viewer)

jkjkjk

HSC
anyone have any sample essay questions? i want to practice my essay writing but I don't know what to write it about. also ive tried searching year 11 essay questions but i have not read those texts yet. what should i write about?

Jes03

HSC
Hi jkjkjk,
I am currently a year 12 student who completed year 11 last year. I am from QLD and I think the syllabus texts are different. We studied Animal Farm (George Orwell) and To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee) throughout units 1 and 2. Do you know what texts you will be studying? Our essay questions usually involved characters, themes and aesthetic features, usually around the main character/s. I can't remember exactly but one question was something like "How is Atticus the embodiment of moral courage in Maycomb?" for TKAM.
I think its common for questions about characters, themes and aesthetic features to come up in exams, so for texts you've read, you could do sample essay writing to questions around these topics.
Maybe even identify the main theme in a text and then write your own questions about this. For example, "How is the main theme of ____________ represented through the character of ____________?" or "How is the author's ideological agenda communicated to the reader through aesthetic features?" or "What can audiences learn about ___________'s actions in the novel?" (Just some ideas!)
But I do understand it is difficult if you haven't read the texts yet and want some early preparation.
Good luck though! :)

jkjkjk

HSC
Hi jkjkjk,
I am currently a year 12 student who completed year 11 last year. I am from QLD and I think the syllabus texts are different. We studied Animal Farm (George Orwell) and To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee) throughout units 1 and 2. Do you know what texts you will be studying? Our essay questions usually involved characters, themes and aesthetic features, usually around the main character/s. I can't remember exactly but one question was something like "How is Atticus the embodiment of moral courage in Maycomb?" for TKAM.
I think its common for questions about characters, themes and aesthetic features to come up in exams, so for texts you've read, you could do sample essay writing to questions around these topics.
Maybe even identify the main theme in a text and then write your own questions about this. For example, "How is the main theme of ____________ represented through the character of ____________?" or "How is the author's ideological agenda communicated to the reader through aesthetic features?" or "What can audiences learn about ___________'s actions in the novel?" (Just some ideas!)
But I do understand it is difficult if you haven't read the texts yet and want some early preparation.
Good luck though! :)
thank you so much, ill definitely adapt those questions to my text!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)