went when i was 4
forgot what it was like
just remember the good ole trams though
would like to go there one day

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Visited San Fran 5 yrs ago...

Went to all the touristy places; Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf etc etc.

Nice city.

kylie_robbo

Went in 97... I didn't particularly like it... It was a rather dirty city (like the city streets went swept or anything)... My sister and I ate maccas three meals a day for three days...

The shopping was okay...

Bushrat

HSC
I went earlier this year, I love it.....The best thing I saw was a transvestite in a denim mini skirt.....but I love the houses and the people are so friendly.

wardy150

HSC
Went there around 8 years ago, our hotel was in a reallly seedy and nasty strip of the area, plenty of homelss, drunks, etc. Other then that the tram rides were awesome and the area near the harbour is really good, especially alcatraz.

MiKeY

HSC
Completely agree. I went to most of the major cities of the world 3 months ago and I absolutely loved San Francisco. Can't wait to go back when I'm 21. :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Will be in San Fran for 2 days in June this year! hurrah!
But before that includes Seatlle, Milwaukee, Chicago, and New York!

:excited:

pete_mate

HSC
seeing alcatraz 3 times... the touristy stuff?

each year tourists numbering more than 1.5 times the population of san francisco visit and goto the same places over and over.

you really should goto haight-ashbury street next time and look at the "medicinal marijuana" stores and nostalgia of the post 60's hippie era shops and people that the location is famous for.

maybe goto silicon valley aswell, walk through chinatown. Fishermans wharf was worse than surfer's paradise

liz100

HSC
ur lucky u got to go to alcatraz, but 3 times woah. i couldnt even get into a tour cuz they were all booked out.
but that was during christmas, so i guess all the tourists were there at the time.
but yeh i loved san fran, yummm clam chowder!

and i didnt go to haught st cuz i didnt have enough time! gah, i was too busy shopping.
i love american brands.
abercrombie and forever 21!

pete_mate

HSC
liz100 said:
ur lucky u got to go to alcatraz, but 3 times woah. i couldnt even get into a tour cuz they were all booked out.
but that was during christmas, so i guess all the tourists were there at the time.
but yeh i loved san fran, yummm clam chowder!

and i didnt go to haught st cuz i didnt have enough time! gah, i was too busy shopping.
i love american brands.
abercrombie and forever 21!
hangon.. so you're in san francisco, the centre of the counter-culture hippie revolution, a musical and cultural hub, with the one of the largest gay communities in the world,

and you choose to shop at the Mid-west Iowa style american football/cheerleader type jock stores, where all the clothes are bright pastel colours?

hmm.. dont go to new york.

CuteOoOAngel

HSC
I hope to visit it someday ..

As i know that it's beautiful and amazing

Legham

HSC
I went when i was 4. Apparently i liked the trams!

360flip

HSC
N/A
I will go there to skate! But first to Portland, Oregon and visit Burnside then maybe Washington street, south cali on the same trip! I need $$$ first thou haha!

trao06

HSC
yep, been there 3 times now :) love the buildings, architecture etc. and the tourist-y stuff is fun too.. i have to say though, i like los angeles better than san fran.

fyi - i went to san francisco about 2 weeks ago, when it's supposed to be a month before summer, and one afternoon there was the coldest i have EVER been. the winds are absolutely insane, and it's freezing!

spence

HSC
I went in January, I had also just been to Seattle, Vancouver, Montreal, New York and Santa Fe, but San Fran was my favourite, I absolutely loved it. The streets are too steep though, just walking around is so tiring

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I'd like to go to Vancouver, Montreal and New York - as for San Fran... pfft. That place was only cool when Full House was there... hahah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)