sara bisel (1 Viewer)

paranormalgeek

HSC
i need to write an essay on sara bisel , outlinning the sublect of her research, and her methods ofand findings..i need to include how the sources she uses gives us a new understanding of life in herc...i cant find much info..can someone please help!!!!!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Sara Bisel was an Archaeologist/Anthropologist who recreated the lives of the people around Mt Vesuvius (Pompeii, Herculaneum), by studying their skeletons. She's quite obscure, and I can't see that many references to her after a really quick look, mostly to the books she's published about Vesuvius and Pompeii. It looks like a trip to a decent sized library is in order, have a look at her books, they should talk a fair bit about her methodology.

enzyme

HSC
you've probably already written your essay, but anyway...
sara bisel did a lot of work with facial reconstructions, and physical anthropology.shes written articles for national geographic, but her work is contested for it's objectivity as it seems she's writing for this generalised audience a sort of commercial history.she has 'discovered' occupations and the personal lives of the bodies she has looked at, eg. The Soldier, and The Pretty Lady, but this is based on very superficial evidence. see if you can find her national geographic articles, its interesting to see how shes manipulated the evidence.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
enzyme said:
you've probably already written your essay, but anyway...
sara bisel did a lot of work with facial reconstructions, and physical anthropology.shes written articles for national geographic, but her work is contested for it's objectivity as it seems she's writing for this generalised audience a sort of commercial history.she has 'discovered' occupations and the personal lives of the bodies she has looked at, eg. The Soldier, and The Pretty Lady, but this is based on very superficial evidence. see if you can find her national geographic articles, its interesting to see how shes manipulated the evidence.
She has done a lot of constructive stuff however she also deserves a lot of criticism. The National Geographic magazine actually paid her to go to Pompeii and she has been accused of a lot of evidence tampering. For example, the issue in which she was featured had a photograph of a skeleton with golden bangles however in actual fact the bangles were from a different find. (lol they have also been stolen mind you.) She also gives the skeletons a story before she has completed her research so she can be accused of making the evidence fit her preconceived story for the skeleton.

And using your example, the soldier was just a man with a sword...anyone could have had a sword at the time so there was no basis for her conclusion (more of a conclusion than a theory as she puts it) that he was in fact a soldier.

enzyme

HSC
right, so you're agreeing with me?
awesome.
:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)