• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Saudis execute woman for practicing 'sorcery' (1 Viewer)

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Saudi authorities have executed a woman convicted of practising magic and sorcery.
The Saudi interior ministry said in a statement that the execution had taken place on Monday, but gave no details of the woman's crime.
The London-based al-Hayat daily, however, quoted Abdullah al-Mohsen, the chief of the religious police who arrested the woman, as saying she had tricked people into thinking she could treat illnesses, charging them $800 a session.
The paper said a female investigator followed up the case, and the woman was arrested in April 2009 and later convicted in a Saudi court.
It did not give the woman's name, but said she was in her 60s.
So far 76 people have been executed this year in Saudi Arabia, according to an Associated Press count. At least three have been women.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/12/saudi-woman-executed-practising-sorcery?CMP=twt_gu

only in muslim

Garygaz

HSC
i'm beginning to think i should just never ever read the news again and live by my new life motto ' ignorance is bliss'

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
so when did europe stop excuting witches the middle ages is it

ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)