Save NCAP- a Spirituality and Theology Forum (3 Viewers)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
neo_o said:
since nearly half of the first 30 topics as I post this message either have something to do with Islam or religion generally, which is painful. I think a better solution would be if Moonlight just closed threads at his discretion which raise issues that already been debated/discussed.
i agree. a month ago when i first came here, there were about 10 topics, but since then there has been almost double the amount if not more.

and as long as he just locks them and doesnt delete them, so that we can slap whoever posts up the topic again with a link to the old one.

K

katie_tully

Where did the Does God Exist thread go? Because atleast whilst it was in existance, most of the religious debates remained confined to the one area.
I doubt it's going to achieve anything, especially with the current state of religion in the media regarding topics such as terrorism, abortion and paedophile preists. Oh whoops..I said it.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I know, it pains me also.

I am in the process of cleaning things up to limit the threads, bare with me

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
.. and there is nothing i can do to stop it...

try telling them to leave islam alone, and trust me you will see an NCAP forum full of NCAP-only related topics, it they listen to you.
I don't even know why they bother. More often than not you cause more problems with your responses than you seem to think, and that just leads to new threads flourishing when they should be dying.

There's nothing wrong with discussing the issue/s, but when threads already exist for such discussions...

ps, you could just not bother with the newer threads.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
trust me i try, but either someone else keeps it going or a fool thinks that we cant answer it cos no one has posted.
Ah, or you could just ignore it given that the point has in all likelihood already been made. I for one am more than willing to just let go without having had the final word if my 'opponent' is unwilling to concede the point, and I know that I'm not alone in that regard. Why can't you do the same thing?

That said, more often than not you (and googoolo (sp.)) seem to open a can of worms whenever you post. If you're open to a bit of advice, I would suggest that you only respond to the baiting if you have a proper response, because half-arsed responses are hardly helping your 'cause'.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Church and State issues are a constant news/politics item. It would be a criminal waste, not unlike the recent burning of my muffins, to have them stricken from ncap. Religious discussion that deviates from current affairs and moves into subjective opinion or disputes over doctrine are a constant source of tedium which must be purged - not unlike unwanted food stains on valued clothing.

edit: Nay, they must be guarded against through some guarding mechanism akin to the protective shield that encompasses hostile invading alien life forms depicted in such recent films as Independence day or War of the worlds.
AhahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAhaaahahaaaahhhaaaaaarrrrrrrr-g
Age has wearied my funny bones :s

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Revival of the fittest!

One of the first threads I read 4 years ago upon joining...oh the glory of that day (tears.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)