• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Saving (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
When I first started my current job and was in year 12 I was earning about $100 a week and saved heaps, ended up with $1000 in 3 months, but now although I try to save I spend A LOT more than I used to, plus I only earn like $80 a week which is shit so I usually spend it all. Getting cash in hand and no tax makes it harder to save as well.

capsicum

HSC
iambored said:
yes food does cost a lot, a meal will cost about $10, and transport isn't cheap either.
yeah, food is so expensive! even drinks! my friend bought a bottle of water the other day and it cost her $2.30! geez! water should be $1.50!!1 (according to me hehe). transport is expensive too. dont you find i stupid how the prices are inflated when you're travelling on the train during peak hours? that extra $2 you spend on a ticket could've been used for a bottle of water! hahaha

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
A bottle of water at Panthers is $3.00, biggest rip-off!!! Water should be free at pubs, clubs etc. It's so annoying with transport how now that I'm in uni, bus companies such as Westbus won't give me a concession because I don't have the right card. It's such bullshit!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i hate how the private bus companies do that, the public ones are fine

yes water is expensive, i asked for a glass of water at maccas and the girl told me to get a bottle

Ribbon

Xayma said:
Umm I think its $1 for every $3 you earn above the threashold.
I'm pretty sure its 50cents taken off your payment for every $1 you earn above $236 a fortnight - but don't forget you might have $$ in your income bank from during uni (when you obviously work less), so you might not loose any at all...

capsicum

HSC
iambored said:
yes water is expensive, i asked for a glass of water at maccas and the girl told me to get a bottle
yeah, they stopped giving out cups of water when they started selling bottled water. i used to work there and customers would get all shitty with me for telling them to purchase a bottle. not my fault, but i can understand why.

water is like WAY expensive at the airport. i remember my dad came home from japan and he wanted water, so i bought him a bottle for $4.90 or something?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and overseas water is too expensive

so they stoppe dgiving out the cups? i thought the girl was lazy and couldn't be bothered to get me one and i couldn't be bothered arguing

capsicum

HSC
i heard that you shouldn't drink water from overseas cuz it's really dirty, like contaminated and it'll upset our digestive system if we did.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think it depends on the country, in some countries they don't even drink their own water because it's dirty, in others they do and there shouldn't be a problem if you do. i prefer to drink bottled or boiled water when i am anywhere out of sydney just to be safe, but i usually drink the tap water anyway.

capsicum

HSC
yeah, we boil our water before drinking. i only ever drink boiled or bottled spring water. but filtered water is best for you, i just found out. hm, i should buy one of them water filter things.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
i earn roughly 300-400 a fortnight.i a pay $40 for rent,then theres electricity(40),water(40),adsl(45),mobile(45),groceries.....depends..and then theres cigarettes!,....omg no wonder keeps disappearing...bah!!!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Hmm, I recently set up my ING account to take out $120/week 'cause I wasn't saving like I used to. I only tend to earn 2-300$/week as well. You won't miss the money so much if you never see it...

Saving is just a good habit, like most things in life I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)