SBS - Soccer before study (1 Viewer)

InLimbo

HSC
Right, well, the night before the AoS exam on friday I have a game of soccer (summer soccer for those not aware). I've chosen to play, the working excuse being that it will 'relieve stress' haha, and I figure I should be able to get all my study done properly and be totally prepared for the exam, which I am hoping to nail.

My point is that I feel like I'm lying to myself. If i play soccer the night before instead of studying, will I be endangering my chances of success in the exam? I mean, it's only a couple of hours, right?

Same thing applies for the Saturday night between the two english exams, as I want to go to the Sydney FC game as I feel my study will be fine.

What do you all think? What's the logical decision to make?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
How ready will you be by Thursday night for paper 1? How ready will you be by Saturday night for paper 2?

HSC
N/A
It really depends on how your study is going. If you're prepared for the exams in advance, there's no reason why you can't go off and have some fun during the HSC :)

So long as you get back at a reasonable hour and can get enough sleep before a quick morning-before-exam revision, you should be fine :)

Breakingthegirl

HSC
hehe...i have the same dilemma!
soccer every thursday right through the HSC...
i have resolved not to play this week because even if i go i probably won't enjoy it.
...plus i play in a comp full of 30 year old men...and they elbow me in the boob...another reason to give it a miss.
but i am having some soccer withdrawals as well...so i am there next week!
woohoo!
good luck!

InLimbo

HSC
That's the general idea. I mean, I'm going to be 90% prepared about a day in advance of each exam so I'm sure a bit of revising will get me over the line. After all, the world doesn't stop revolving during the HSC. Might as well have some time off where I can.

InLimbo

HSC
Breakingthegirl said:
hehe...i have the same dilemma!
soccer every thursday right through the HSC...
i have resolved not to play this week because even if i go i probably won't enjoy it.
...plus i play in a comp full of 30 year old men...and they elbow me in the boob...another reason to give it a miss.
but i am having some soccer withdrawals as well...so i am there next week!
woohoo!
good luck!

Elbowed in the boob... painful. Soccer withdrawals are the worst! My feet are dying to play. I think they have made the decision for me.

starlitwonder

HSC
My brother played state cup grand final day before his hsc 3unit maths paper
and still got over 90
it all comes down to whats more important at that moment
and if u dont know it by now
there's little more that an extra couple of hours can do
:):):):)

renton

HSC
i say if you're study is done by the time you leave, then I'd definately reccomend playing the night before. It gets your heart rate up, lets you sleep easier and you'll wake up refreshed the next morning. Probly does a few favours for memory aswell. Football is the beautiful game, it is the cure to everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)