SC 2007 - Computing Skills (1 Viewer)

thrash4life

HSC
i reckon i did good (as with probably 99% of you) but we got held up for about 30-40 mins waiting coz our test got stuck on the title page. After restaring our computers like a million times, getting our school's IT person and waiting some more...we finally got it working.

easy test tho. if only i used spreadsheets/databases more...:mad1:

Ppen

HSC
I actually found it pretty hard, especially those questions on databases and spreadsheets. If only i knew exactly what headers, footers and footnotes were. Oh well other people found it easy cos they did IST.
oh well i'm just glad its over. :p

homijoe

HSC
sikhman said:
some of the database ones were a bit tricky...

i found one of the email questions ambiguous...it said "what do you need to fill in before you send the message"

It pointed to the field where you put the email address in, and also the subject, the main message body and something else.

In order to send a message, don't you need to put in an address AND type the message somewhere?
What did u end up selecting?

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
sikhman said:

i found one of the email questions ambiguous...it said "what do you need to fill in before you send the message"

It pointed to the field where you put the email address in, and also the subject, the main message body and something else.

In order to send a message, don't you need to put in an address AND type the message somewhere?
You are perfectly able to send a blank email, I believe.

I didnt get that. The test questions are randomized, supposedly. We didn't all get the same thing.

It was okay, but some of the questions were a little tricky... -_-

zeleboy

HSC
I thought the CST exam was okay. Although I didn't like the questions which asked about programs that one wouldn't use. (i.e. the diamond autoshape with double-sized text one)

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
sikhman said:

I had that question mate, and you only need to include a TO address for the email

Also was it just me or was it A LOT harder (though still not that hard) than last years test?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It's perfectly possible to send a blank email, and I suppose it would actually qualify as a message because it's still communicating the email headers, which could in some strange way be useful to the recipient. The very fact they receive an email is information and therefore a message.

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
Mass Reply -

zeleboy said:
I thought the CST exam was okay. Although I didn't like the questions which asked about programs that one wouldn't use. (i.e. the diamond autoshape with double-sized text one)
I hope that was a text box.

homijoe said:
Are the questions similar to the past paper trials and last year's CST?
Some maybe. Some are quite different though.

kaz1 said:
isn't the exam on friday?
Not for everyone. It's on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

sikhman said:
i know that you can send a blank email.....but that wouldn't send a message
Good Point. I would have put what you put anyway though, not to mention I'm not known for reading the question. When doing those tests, it's more like 'just don't think, just select one and move on'.

ajdlinux said:
It's perfectly possible to send a blank email, and I suppose it would actually qualify as a message because it's still communicating the email headers, which could in some strange way be useful to the recipient. The very fact they receive an email is information and therefore a message.
Pfft. xDD It communicates a lot, sure. Rewording might have helped... *sighs* for a few of the others too, probably. *shrugs*

Last edited:

wanted4911

HSC
hey anyone got a paper that he snuck out? or knows sum hard questions? or what i have to know? my test is on friday so can anyone help? :)

Ruined-Phate

HSC
sikhman said:

The answer was the "to" (email) field.

Overall the test was pretty easy, only one question had me really puzzling over which answer was better. It was the one with 2 pictures of a parrot, the first being an original, dark version, and the second with a lighter/brighter version. I wasn't sure if the answer was "washout" or "higher contrast" (think that was the wording). I picked increased contrast, was that right?

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Ruined-Phate said:

Overall the test was pretty easy, only one question had me really puzzling over which answer was better. It was the one with 2 pictures of a parrot, the first being an original, dark version, and the second with a lighter/brighter version. I wasn't sure if the answer was "washout" or "higher contrast" (think that was the wording). I picked increased contrast, was that right?
I went the contrast too mate but I really don't give a shit about graphics so didn't know for sure

zenophobia

HSC
There were some questions that I got in my test that were kind of ambiguous and also some that no high school student should be expected to know.

I won't mention the exact questions since there are people here that haven't yet done the test, but I'll be sure to do that this weekend once everyone statewide has done it.

:p

zeleboy

HSC
amberangel said:
Mass Reply -

I hope that was a text box.

Some maybe. Some are quite different though.

Not for everyone. It's on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Good Point. I would have put what you put anyway though, not to mention I'm not known for reading the question. When doing those tests, it's more like 'just don't think, just select one and move on'.

Pfft. xDD It communicates a lot, sure. Rewording might have helped... *sighs* for a few of the others too, probably. *shrugs*
It enquired something about the resizing or something. I gave up totally.

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
Ruined-Phate said:

I would say contrast... -below-

@ sikhman - depends how much lighter/brighter it was. Washout is really faint.

@ zeleboy - ? Yes, it was what would happen if you resized the writing. Ugh, I can't see this.. So I hope it was a text box.

@ zenophobia - I'll forget them all by then.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
The Computing Skills test was really easy. I finished with 43 minutes remaining and just left. What a great way to end off the exams.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
AussieVesti said:
The Computing Skills test was really easy. I finished with 43 minutes remaining and just left. What a great way to end off the exams.
Agreed. Think I finished with about 50 to go n just got up and left, went walkin around the school for a while disturbing classes etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)