Sc Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Destiny101

HSC
How did you guys go for Maths & HSIE. Discuss some of your answers...I'm curious of what you guys wrote.

What did you guys pick for the Geography Extended Response?

Ankita

HSC
Destiny101 said:
How did you guys go for Maths & HSIE. Discuss some of your answers...I'm curious of what you guys wrote.

i think i just went in circles with that one!
if i remember the question right, i picked Air Quality.
i dnt think i refered to the decision-making thing very well. i think i only mentioned that a little.

Maths was pretty good although, i just realised that i got 2-3 questions wrong, or was part of the minority that chose it.
History i think i just screwed up like usual. I can never make out the difference between the correct and the "more correct" answer and that really irritates me.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Destiny101 said:

Maths, I think was really easy because it was really basic. I BS'ed a lot in HSIE but I think I went alright.

As for the Geography extended response, I chose coastal management.

Destiny101

HSC
...I chose Water Management and I talked about restrictions, water conservation legislation and water saving strategies etc.

Anyways - who Aced the Multiple Choice Q's?

I think I got a few wrong....who knows?

Zozo6969

HSC
I chose coastal management because our school went to 'Nulla to learn about it.

myvalentine2007

HSC
Hmmm... I thought maths was really easy. Lol, I thought hist/geo was much harder because I didn't bother studying it.

I'm actually really pleased with my school cert. Because I didn't study an inch and I think I did alright in eng, maths & sci (I'm mentally blocking out hist/geo).

Btw, for the time thingy-y, I got 6:05 am as well.

Lol, for the life of myself, I honestly couldn't remember what my school did for geo.

apak

HSC
in maths there was a question about 5 tubs of icecream.... if you chose 2 how many diff combinations are there... on the calculator i put 5P2 instead of 5C2..... i did permutations instead of combinations....

-pari-

HSC
N/A
huhh^^^???? lol, ok :S well i just used a simple tree diagram of 5 circles and everythin, and i think i got 10...coz 20 didn't work out

geo: the last 2 page question, we didn't touch that topic at all.....so i was completely clueless. a lot of BIG SPACIOUS WRITING and bull for me lol some of the multiple choice were weird coz i hadn't learnt those topics eg urban growth/decline

history : was okay, the last long response was such a relief....!! lol i new the answers off by heart, and it was pretty easy for me

maths: finished just in time was okay though i probly made several stupid errors. btw, that grl runnin to the end of the jetty....i got 5:55am...??? she took 25 min, ???

o well

hey i was just wondering...do they ever scale u DOWN....? that's all i'm scared of. otherwise i'm sure i did okay......

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
I found maths so hard because i didnt study at all for it and didnt even practice past papers, i always go bad in maths and always find it difficult . I found history and geo easy but found that the history multiple choice were abit hard.

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey i was just wondering what was that answer for the fieldwork question.For some reason i got so confused on that one i changed my answer like 3 times.

kodos

Premium Member
HSC
-pari- said:
huhh^^^???? lol, ok :S well i just used a simple tree diagram of 5 circles and everythin, and i think i got 10...coz 20 didn't work out QUOTE]

Yeah i put 10 as well. I think you got 20 because you did repeats. What did people get for the number of paths possible when going east or south in a multiple choice question?

47sniper

HSC
N/A
Maths: I didn't study for this. I haaate maths, I'll probably get a band 3 or 4.

Geography: fucking easy. They practically showed us the answers in the extended responses :\ I didn't study at all for this either but I bullshitted about urban growth :)

History: This was the only one I actually cared about besides Science, I study heaps for it but now I know I got at least 2 multiple choice questions wrong :(

Afterwards was fun. We went to riverside and burnt our geography notes :D

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
i stuffed that english editorial :( i couldn't think of what to write near the end, it felt so dry and pointless >.< the short story was much better by comparison, even though i stared at the paper for like 10min trying to figure out what to write XP my story was basically about a boy who was trying to get out of the control of his boss in this 18th century english town, and the guy he had to meet was a business person whose boat was due to leave in two days. and in the end he got promised by the person to leave cos he stole a pair of earrings to give in return, but actually for turned in back to his boss by the business man. yeah. pretty dumb stuff XP history and geo were ok i suppose, they're sort of the stuff that i can actually blab about :p but anyway, i'm just so glad it's over :D

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
basketcase89 said:
Just a random question:

Was anyone given sheets of working paper for maths???
Nup, I had to use the formula sheet.

Did anyone even use the formula sheet?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
basketcase89 said:
Just a random question:

Was anyone given sheets of working paper for maths???
Nope, everyone was told to either scrible on the formula sheet or the multiple choice booklet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)