SC for Computing (1 Viewer)

Ravioli

HSC
I a in a year 9 major computing class. Is the School Certificate for computing hard and what do yer need ta know?

-ravioli :confused:

superglove_sam

HSC
N/A
im in year 10 now and if you are trying so hard in year 9 with computers youre a nerd

the computers SC test is (no joke) asking you to identify what a monitor, tower, mouse/keyboard look like

they also ask you questions like 'what would you have to do to save this document?' and the hardest q is like 'what is the purpose of a word processing program?'

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
um, i'm in yr 10 and i do computing studies but i haven't done the computer test, nor have i heard that i am. ok i am confused, is the computer test just one of those things that the school decides to do or is it compulsry? (sp?)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
The SC Computing exam is compulsory for all year 10's in NSW. My teacher made me do last year's paper because he wanted to class to know what we would be doing and it's soooo easy.

If you have to study for it then you probably aren't reading this page because you wouldn't even know how to access this page:p
Everything is really general like:

"If I clicked on the start menu, which screen would I get?" - it's a multiple choice thign with diagrams.

"Which column does this tag lie on?" Refer to spreadsheet provided.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
But the school didn't say anything about the computing test anyway. I'm not freaking out about it, i'm just saying it's nice to be told about external compulsary exams. We even got our timetable for the exams and there is no sign of a computing exam... does anyone else feel the same way?

superglove_sam

HSC
N/A
ok i will seriously give you 3 questions i read in the exam from last year:

1. which window is open?

(it had 4 windows, 1 of them was highlighted in darker colours)

2. u have been working on the computer for 2 hours. do you a) work harder b) take a rest c) play a video game d) change computers

3. what would happen if this was done (it should a document being dragged into a folder with that picture thing)

maCe

.maceh
HSC
I do computing in year 10, and all i know of is a trail exam for computing, no actual school cert test.

Nowaday's we just play games over lan :p

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
my brother is doing it tommorow, i think he said it was a trial one and dosn't count

neuro_logik

HSC
Year 10 computing was BS, back in the old days before the computing SC came in (2002) all my class did was play games, Quake, GTA, Doom, slimesports

JTN

HSC
Don't worry about it. i did it on thursday and finished with 45minutes remaining just like everyone else. when we finished they just let us surf the net and play games and stuff.

It's so easy!, i'm expecting 95% at least!

Guernica

HSC
At my school, I'm not really sure how we're doing it, but I think people are just going indivudally whenever they want. Like you can just choose a class you hate and go to the computing staff room and say you want to do it then.
At least I think that's what's happening. Noone has told me anythign about it, but I know some people who have done it, and a few were doing it during English the other day.
Computing is a crock of shit anyway - it's all common sense.

HSC
it was uber easy :)
plus they way they set it up was interesting- like the interface and features etc..
and it was self timed - pretty damn cool.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Lol we did the computing trial for the SC in 2002, I managed 93%. Seriously, the SC is totally meaningless. It is the easiest test you will ever do. I got B6s in all but maths, most people from BOS end up like that anyway. SC = crap. HSC = crap but you need it for uni :p

nato4

HSC
the computing test is basically just 10 questions repeated 10 times with different wording, basically my theory is that the guys that wrote this think we're in year three or something

question no. 69 of the year 10 trial computing skills test:

You have included a sound recording of the school band playing the national anthem in a presentation.

what type of file will the national anthem be saved as?

a) text
b) audio
c) graphics
d) hyperlink

im sure you can all see my point now.

also this test doesn't count to anything this year if you do it. in 2005 the test will be used by the BOS and grades are recorded, but this year its still being tested.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hey this exam DOES count to your schoolcert. although it says 'trial' it still counts, you still get a band 1-6 . . im sure nobody would have difficulties getting a band6 though =)

nato4

HSC
are u sure it counts to our school cert...

hey but i thought the basis of the 'bands' 1 thru to 6 was a dumbell curve - so your resulting band of 1 or 2 or 3 etc was based on how well u did against everybody else.

e.g the number of Standard deviants u are away from the average (away being positive or negative) will determine your BAND placing --- or am i wrong could someone verify this for me.....

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I did it and it was sh*t easy. i think i was the only one who could do the database stuff tho ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)