• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SC mark!! (1 Viewer)

craz

HSC
for starters try to remember some of your coursework and then think about stuff thats just so general that they may ask. Hint: English is not easy to study for. As long as you know all your stuff from 7-10 its no problem.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by craz
Hint: English is not easy to study for. As long as you know all your stuff from 7-10 its no problem.
Its English Literacy not English so it has nothing to do with the content you have learned from 7-10. Simply brush up on your comprehension and language conventions and you'll kill it. The easiest of all the exams.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hmmm lets see.....science......its all multiple choice from my memory (I remember doing the past papers in year 10 and just putting down random letters....I used to finish in like 10 minutes) so practice measuring & calculating and maybe like ecosystem stuff (like living things & such)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Know how top draw and interpret graphs, basic i know, but don't make any silly mistakes. ummmmm, natural selection i remember doing that. i think anyway.....

craz

HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Its English Literacy not English so it has nothing to do with the content you have learned from 7-10. Simply brush up on your comprehension and language conventions and you'll kill it. The easiest of all the exams.
Hey. Give me a break. Whatever it's still English, it's not easy to study for the SC. Like for me it was pure luck that I managed to well in History and in Science, but not Maths compared to now in the HSC where I'm doing better in Maths. Let me see....science, hmm...interpreting graphs, some multiple choice, I don't remember many long answer questions so I don't think there are any.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
for science u do have to describe stuff in paragraphs

last year u had to describe natural selection they give u abt half a page / quater page to describe

i think to study just read thru all the stuff u learn thruout the year

interpreting graphs n stuff isn't too hard

craz

HSC
strange that my memory deceives me...after not doing science for 2 years! Oh well...science is full of the good stuff anyways. so just study hard....well SC there isn't much to study for.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
study????
English: know what everything is, eg rehtorical Questions, 1st 2nd and 3rd person ect.

Maths: just know your formulas (just area and volume really), im guessing you do advanced maths so you will be fine. If you do, do advanced it will be easier than most your exams, you gotta remember they have to account for the dumber people, you know they people who get like 20% in exams, i can not put it in a nicer way sorry.

Science: Know what an atom, moleclue ect is, and a bit about natural selection ect.

Geography: know how to read and interpret maps/graphs, and be able to write a paragraph about what you see. And know a couple of points about stuff like Salinty, rural urban migration, ect. for your writing task in it

History: know how to read and interpret sources, know a bit about Federation, Bit about Aboriginal rights and how they have changed, Womans rights and how they have changed, and how Australias relationship with the US and Britain has changed over time, also if you want to, know a bit about Republicanism, popular culture, multicultralism to be on the safe side.

When you get down to it and into the exam room you will realise you remember alot of it cause you have done it so many times, even if you havent study it.

Hope you have better luck with the magpies than what i did!!!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
haha go tennile i know u luv the SC perhaps even more than the upcomming HSC ... its all u ever talk about :p

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
haha go tennile i know u luv the SC perhaps even more than the upcomming HSC ... its all u ever talk about :p
Hey what can i say, its a grest away to increase my post count. poster number 32 your looking at here. my aim is to be the first year 11 with a custom status and in the top 30 lol. easy

all that listening to those silly meetings is coming in handy lol. hmmm maybe if i listened to my own advice abit more i would have gone better. ahhh well no use dwelling on it i was happy with my result...

craz

HSC
Funny that. Are you sure you want to do the HSC if you want to boost your poster count cos i tell u when u get to year 12, u r so stuck. I have so much work piling up and so much revision to be done.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Thats why i boost it now while im still in year 11 and still have spare time to waste...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)