SC Science 2011 MARATHON (1 Viewer)

knxd

HSC
^Fuu-- where's the question?

Describe the features of a plutonic rock such as granite.

bleakarcher

HSC
Define net force and hence state Newton's second law of motion.

lath

HSC
Define net force and hence state Newton's second law of motion.
net force is the total amount of force acting on an object. Netwons second law of motion states that if a force is applied to an object, it will accelerate, and the rate of acceleration will depend on the mass of the object (force= mass x acceleration)

lath

HSC
define voltage, resistance and current + what is ohm's law (4 marks)

dionb2014

HSC
Had my science exam today.

one question was really ambiguous.

It said meisos and mitosis in one cloumn. Then it said role in another. then it said location in another.

lath

HSC
Had my science exam today.

one question was really ambiguous.

It said meisos and mitosis in one cloumn. Then it said role in another. then it said location in another.
Meiosis - occurs in gametes (sex cells - sperm and egg cells), role is to produce diploid zygote with correct number of chromosomes?
Mitosis - occurs in body cells, role is the repair and growth of cells.

dionb2014

HSC
Yeah I just wrote: mitosis - occurs in cells to replicate and create a full number of chromsomes
meiosis - occurs in sex cells to produce half the number of chromosomes for reproduction and fusion of gametes.

alyssasmirnov

HSC
question: when light strikes matter, state and describe the three things that can happen.

bleakarcher

HSC
define voltage, resistance and current + what is ohm's law (4 marks)
Voltage is a measure of electrical pressure within an electric circuit causing the current to flow. It is measured in units of volts.
Resistance is the property of a conductor which restricts the flow of current. It is measured in ohms.
Current is a measure of the flow of electrons throughout an electric circuit. It is measured in amperes or amps.
Ohm's law states that V=IR, where V is voltage, I is current and R is the resistance within an electric circuit.

alyssasmirnov

HSC
oh oops new question: what are two examples of indicators used to measure acidity levels?

HSC
Voltage is the amount of energy dropped between two points in a circuit, and is measures in volts. Current, is the flow of electrons in a circuit and is measured in amps. Resistance restricts the flow of electrons (current) in a circuit. Resistance is measured in ohms. Ohm's law is V=IR where, V represents voltage, I represents current and R represents resistance. Ohm's law demonstrates the relationship between Voltage, current and resistance.

100% for physics test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)