Scaled Mark??? (1 Viewer)

RayMonda

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to decide whether or not to use a subject that I did this year as an accelerated student. I need to know my scaled mark so I can figure out what effect it's going to have on my aggregate if I decide to use it. Table A3 shows HSC and scaled marks for Max., P99, P90, P75, etc. I've done a rough estimate, but is there anywhere/way I can find out for sure? Thx.

RayMonda

HSC
N/A
Thx. Problem is, I'm trying to decide whether I should use those units cos I'm just finalising my subject choices for Yr. 11 and although I got a good mark, the subject didn't scale very well and I'm thinking of doing another 2 units to cover it. Of course that wasn't the plan when I originally decided to do it as it's been a lot of extra work for the last 2 years and I had other plans for that time over the next 2 years. I know they like to do things for us, but it gets really confusing when you're dealing with the unknown. Oh, and is the HSC mark on Table A3, aligned or raw?? Thx again. :)

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Aligned.

Just post your mark and people will be able to tell you within a mark. Trust me you won't be able to predict the marks of subjects you haven't done to anywhere near that accuracy anyway, so you're making mountains out of molehills. But then we all have a little of that anal-retentiveness about us, so if you post your mark you'll get a good enough indication.

RayMonda

HSC
N/A
we all have a little of that anal-retentiveness about us
Lol, yeah :) though this time just trying to make an educated choice. If it's the aligned mark, I've got a rough idea as it was high P90. Not trying to make any predictions re. subjects I haven't done but it would be nice to know where my aggregate will start from if I use this subject.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Then just get a graphing program with a line of best fit, plot it by scaled marks vs. aligned marks, and check your aligned mark against the curve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)